Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add a field to Picking List...

Hi all,

I need to add a new field to my Picking Lists - but don't have a copy of Crystal Reports (I assume this is still needed for this?)

My warehouse has picking bay references, which I would like to have printed against each product line on our Sellerdeck picking lists. I could import the warehouse bay references into any of the unused Sellerdeck fields via my daily stock/price csv imports and then have this printed onto the picking lists.

Apart from upgrading to the Enterprise version (overkill), which has this functionality built in, is there a workaround possible for the Business version we're on?

Many thanks for feedback!

Florian
    florian@between.co.uk
    www.between.co.uk

Against each product there is a tab called "Report Description" with a field "Product Description for Packing List and Invoice Reports" ... is that of any use to you to add your Warehouse Bay number in there?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi John,

As far as I understand, this filed can be set to replace the whole product description printed on the Packing List? Whatever it does - I can't get this to work in any case.

I have added some info into a product's 'Report Description' field and ticked the "Enable Extended Product Description in Customer Reports" Box on the Options Section in Business Settings.

I then print a Packing List of an outstanding order sitting in my 'Pending' orders tab which includes this product but I can't see anything different in the description it prints? Am I doing this wrong? The Help files are more than ambiguous on how to set this up, unfortunately.

Printing an alternative Product Description is not really what I need as, whilst I could import all my Bay numbers into this field, having just this number shown on the Packing List and not the full product description as well would be too risky for the pickers (without a full product description to cross reference) - unless it adds this field to the normal description - probably too much to ask, I imagine.

Do I understand how this is supposed to work?

Thanks
      florian@between.co.uk
      www.between.co.uk

Comment

The SellerDeck help is wrong when it implies that this field replaces the Short Description. Help says:
        Enter a longer description for the product in here, and this is what will appear on your reports instead of the standard 'short description'
        What actually happens is that additional text is displayed below the Short Description on the reports. See attached example Packing List. I added REPORT DESCRIPTION to the RD field on the Three Diamond Ring and added nothing to the Diamond Pendant.
        Attached Files
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ah, that sounds more like it Norman - thank you.

How do I get this to display though? I have added some information to a couple of products which I already have some orders for, sitting in my PENDING tab but when I print the Packing List no extra lines are added.

I have ticked the appropriate box in my Business Settings - is there any other box I also need to tick or untick, as far as you know? Or a different design of Packing List, maybe?

Florian
          florian@between.co.uk
          www.between.co.uk

Comment

My screenshot was from a vanilla SD 2013. All I did was Settings / Business Settings / Option and checked the 2 boxes under Product Description In Reports.

You probably have to Upload the site before this capability takes effect on subsequent orders.

The Report Description is part of the downloaded order. This is so you see the same info as the customer had when they placed the order.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ok, I guess that makes sense - I've uploaded - let' see what comes through with the next order...

I'll post once we know the result
              florian@between.co.uk
              www.between.co.uk

Comment

Works a treat !!

New orders received since the upload do indeed have the bay numbers shown on the Packing List

Brilliant stuff - thanks John and Norman - expert advice all round, as usual
                florian@between.co.uk
                www.between.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X