Performance Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
    I have always experienced, through many versions of Sellerdeck/Actinic, a rare and random crash when printing a data sheet. No explanation, no particular time of day.
    Sarah
    Yes, it's the same with us. Randomly : You print, then crashes, then reload and print it works.

Sometimes a particular order just won't print an invoice (keeps crashing) so I print a different document (either a Packing List or Data Entry), then print the invoice and then it works...

On v10 the invoice number and date would randomly won't print (it would be blank on the invoice), then reprint the invoice and it would appear... so far v12 hasn't had this problem

When uploading or downloading I sometimes get a error message, in most cases I find that the internet connection had briefly dropped out. I open a web page (BBC News), click to check the connection, fixes itself, click to get rid of error box, and away we go again.
    There are days when the last thing would always fail - the merging part... Then the next day, no error... Not sure why.

I also have random delays when publishing to web, seems to stick at a particular point, wait a few minutes, and then it continues. This has got worse with more products, filters, etc.
    Yes... for us it's getting worse. Our transition on v10 from XP to Win7 was a real nightmare - constant hangs and crashes. Now we have upgraded v12, still problems... Every other software seems to get better/quicker with the better software/hardware but Sellerdeck seems to get worse...

Anyway... v12 doesn't seem to crash as much... just hangs.

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
      I recall that being the remote server being infected and not the local PC. The local PC site folders would not be on anyones radar as the software is not that widely used ... hackers target known software vulnerabilities on common software (windows, word, PHP, SQL etc) as that will generate the most returns ... it is akin to a mugger only targeting people called Steve Biggleswade Malinosky .... they may be some in the world but better to target John Smith as there are more of them around so a higher chance of getting a return.
      I was really thinking of infecting one of the scripts, then it's all uploaded to the site...

I don't know how well Sellderdeck sells... maybe it's really too small to go after... so the focus are on heartbleed and that more recent one with the SSL 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by zgap111 View Post
        I was really thinking of infecting one of the scripts, then it's all uploaded to the site...
        Once the folder is scanned it will be clean and all incoming traffic is scanned ... all you are doing is removing the folder from the constant monitoring and running it manually once a day ... that will leave you fully covered and the type of malware you get on your local PC is not going to be conflicting with the scripts online ... they don't work that way.

Originally posted by zgap111 View Post
        I don't know how well Sellderdeck sells... maybe it's really too small to go after... so the focus are on heartbleed and that more recent one with the SSL 3.0
        Exactly - infecting sites is a far more productive method of transmission than email attachments ... so ensure all your server software is running the latest patches and updates to prevent drive-by infections

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X