Also Bought Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also Bought Problem

I have the Also Bought marketing list enabled and have been using it for years, uploading to site once a day. However, since re-installing SD on a new computer and bringing in a snapshot, this now takes considerably longer to run, whereas just about everything else is faster. I have tried running it while not uploading, and takes almost as long. I have tried reducing the number of days - tried just 30 days - but also took a long time. Previously it would run in minutes, but now it is about an hour, for about 1700 products. Watching it progress, the delays happen with hidden products rather than the visible ones (ie flavours of a product).

Any ideas as to why this is taking so much longer and what I could do to fix it?

Sarah

The first thing that comes to mind is what is the difference in the pc spec or setup?

- does one have more RAM than the other?
    - SSD?
    - Anti Virus?
    - UAC?
    - etc.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Specs

The old computer was much lower spec - Windows Small Business Server 2003 (xp), less ram, less everything except it had Raid. The new one is running Windows 7 Pro, ssd, uac I turned off (your advice on another matter), anti-virus Sites folder excluded from scheduled scans. Generally speaking the new computer is much quicker at doing everything - uploading sites, exporting orders, etc, marketing lists for best sellers and new products. Just very slow on also boughts. At the same time, still have ongoing problem with Business Settings: Order Processing and Housekeeping tabs taking about 5 minutes to load.

Sarah

Comment

It's strange that it's that much slower for some things. With a faster processor more ram and an SSD it should fly through everything.

I would try running with the 'Performance' tab open in windows task manager. Just to see if there's any sign of something CPU or memory intensive going on. If you open the 'Resource monitor' from there it will also show you which processes are using the CPU and whether the hard disk is getting hammered.

'Also bought' sounds like the kind of thing that would be memory and disk intensive. The other problem areas shouldn't be so that's definitely odd.

It's worth doing the usual things like compacting the database etc.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Will do

Thanks Mike. I shall do this.

I have already done a compact through Sellerdeck, twice.

I have Microsoft Access and could therefore compact and repair, but when I did this a week ago, it messed up completely - I couldn't open SD and had to re-install the program - therefore wary, but if I tried again I would backup the database first!

Sarah

Comment

Working...
          X