Login teething troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login teething troubles

I've setup the LOGIN facility which does pretty much what is says, but three things are bugging me

Firstly, it appears on my checkout page (If customers want to create an account or not) so they enter a password

When I download orders, how do I know the customer wants an online account in the first place? - I can't find any info on this and also if they enter a password of 1234 via the website to create their online account, why do I have to then send them a password because I can't find anything that confirms they fancied a password of 1234? - consequently, they ask why have I changed it

Secondly, whilst the customer can instantly change their password, is there a way to allow them to instantly create a different delivery address (like non account holders can do online)

Thirdly, perhaps I'm missing something here, but when a customer logs in, their "Welcome to Online Catalogue" is displayed on the main index page and no other page, but how can you edit the words "Welcome to Online Catalogue"

If I can't suss out the above, I know I'll get customers moaning

Thanks for any help given

Anyone know or can help me please?

Comment

Hi Kev,

I can't help with most of your queries, but you can alter the text shown by going to design/text and searching for the relevant phrase. The one you're after has a phrase of -1 and text 210- enter these values in the prompt box when you click the "go to" button at the bottom left.

AFAIK if a customer wants an online account, once you've downloaded their order, there's an email generated with their account details which you then send to them- you can check this by looking in operations/list emails once you've downloaded orders. I no longer use accounts that way so could be wrong, but I think that's how I knew an account had been created.

Hope this helps...
      Ben
      Ben
      http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

My advice

In the Orders tab, on my SD, there is an image of two faces just before the customer's name, which shows that they have registered/logged in.

There are two ways of accessing the customer's login information. You can either open the order, click on Customer Account, click on Buyers and then Send Password to see their password. Or you can go to Operations: Customer Accounts, where the registrations are listed in email address order. Searching their email address, or part of it, will bring up their account and their details. I frequently use either of these two methods to correct the typing of customers' addresses, so that it is correctly typed next time.

Sarah

Comment

Thank you Ben and Sarah - I will try both ideas, I was just hoping that customers could actually change their delivery address immediately (Real Time) when they make an order like they can change their password rather than me having to download the orders and then "Authorise" the new delivery address by uploading the lot all again

Just seems tedious to constantly upload/download all the time and creates more work than is needed (Yes I know you can automate the upload/download) it's just that the Login for customers with SD is not the best in the world compared to other software, but thank you for your input and help

Comment

Working...
          X