Breadcrumb Trail Failing with SID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breadcrumb Trail Failing with SID

Hi. I am trying to upgrade from 11.05 to 12.05 and I am finding the breadcrumb trail is failing on some product pages but not others. It also works fine on all section pages. Example of a page with it working is:
    http://www.hertfordshireosteopath.co...Voucher-5.html
    An example of the problem pages (most of the catalog) is:
    http://www.hertfordshireosteopath.co...1.html#SID=278
    Oddly, if you remove the #SID=278 in the browser address bar from the problem pages and press enter the breadcrumb trail is shown correctly.
    I have disabled product filtering but this does not make a difference. I was hoping someone might know what was causing this behaviour and might have a fix.
    Many thanks Tony
    Tony
    www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

The class "ajs-bc-home" must be present to replace the actinic variables in the ajax perl script.
    1. Click 'Design | Library'
    2. Press "CTRL + F" and search for "Compact Parent Section List"
    3. Click the "Click here to edit list layout settings"
    4. replace the "Start of List" code to the below:
      Code:
      <a href="<actinic:variable name="HomePageURL" />" class="ajs-bc-home" >Home</a> <span class="breadcrums-arrow">›</span> <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTopLevelParentShown%22%20%2f%3e%29%20%20OR%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Product%20Page%22%29" > <a href="<actinic:variable name="TopSectionPageURL" />" target="_self" class="ajs-bc-home" ><actinic:variable name="StoreName" /></a> <span class="breadcrums-arrow">›</span> </actinic:block>
    5. 5.Also replace the End of List code with the following:

Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Product%20Page%22" > <span class="ajs-bc-home" ><actinic:variable name="ProductName" /></span> </actinic:block>

Then upload your site.

Comment

Hi Thank you for looking into this. I replaced the code and uploaded. Unfortunately it didn't work. I have left in the changed case so you can see if (if you have time). For the working group of products it is the same but doesn't have the 'back to range' button. For the group the didn't work they no longer have a breadcrumb trail.

Also it has included shop in the breadcrumb trail. We want to avoid customers going to this level.

Any further ideas would be gratefully received.

many thanks Tony
      Tony

Comment

Ok in this case I can only suggest that you contact the SellerDeck support dept. so that they can look into it.

> Also it has included shop in the breadcrumb trail.
        > We want to avoid customers going to this level.

Go to 'Settings | Site Options | Links' and under the 'Section' group change 'Show Link To Top Level Parent' to 'False' and click 'OK'.

Comment

Thank you. I have raised it with them over 7 days ago. I have not received any meaningful answer yet from them.
          Tony

Comment

Working...
          X