Design speed / performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design speed / performance?

Is there any way of improving performance when editing products in design?

I'm on 2013 Business & creating a "master list" of new products that each contain 3>4 components, but can see it's going to be painfully slow (moving from one product to another is taking 10 seconds plus). I'm using a relatively quick i7 machine with plenty of memory & nothing much else worth talking about running & SD is compacted regularly.

I'm wondering if there is anything that I can disable, or if there is some other way or creating / editing product with an export or possibly using access?

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Usually slow performance when in the design window is associated with having to fetch external items from the web.

You should make sure these are all blocked with a blockif when in design preview. You shouldn't have to wait at all when moving around.

The Addthis code is a good example of the kind of you need to be blocking.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Mike's suggestion above is your first thing to check.

I note that you said "master list". If this means that you are creating code that loops through all Sections / Products (or something similar) then this could also take a lot of time to run; especially if the list is huge.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you for your responses.

The plan was to have a hidden "master" section with about 6 sub-sections (master & sub sections purely for ease of use internally) each containing somewhere between 5>15 products, which will in turn have 2>6 fixed components.

Visible sections on the site would then be populated by filtering, all these section would ultimately reside in the same upper section - if that makes sense?

Comment

As far as I can see the AddThis code is already blocked..... However using content view without preview has drastically improved performance.

Not a cure as such, but work perfectly for what I'm doing!

Thanks folks.

Comment

Working...
          X