Migrating Data from v11 to 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrating Data from v11 to 2013

Hi. I have been working on upgrading from v11 to 2013. To start I took a snapshot and upgraded the site. After many , many weeks I think I have fixed almost all the bugs and made the formatting match my existing v11 website. I would now like to reimport the data from my production v11 site into my existing 2013 site.

I first tried reimporting a snapshot but that did very bad things (basically completely overwrote my site and all my changes.

After recovering to an earlier snapshot of 2013 I have tried exporting from v11 to a csv file and importing into 2013 but that has messed up formatting of the site (like fragment formats changing) and the sections and products coming out in a different order. Hence it would take huge amount of work to go through product by product and line by line to correct.

Does anyone know an easier and more reliable method. I need to keep the code and script changes and I guess the site and business setting but I do not need/want to keep any of the current data in the 2013 version. I guess this must be a common upgrade process issue?

Many thanks
    Tony
    www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Originally posted by tonygg View Post

Does anyone know an easier and more reliable method. I need to keep the code and script changes and I guess the site and business setting but I do not need/want to keep any of the current data in the 2013 version. I guess this must be a common upgrade process issue?

Many thanks
    First backup your final design
    Second import the current V11 site into 2013
    third Import the 2013 site you saved in 1 but do not tick the import orders or content.

Sellerdeck will warn that you are doing a design import, this only imports the design details and leaves contents and orders in place.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Great that sounds easy. Thank you
      Tony
      www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X