Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing product references creates new .html page name

Is there anyway to stop this?

I am changing some product references, and really don't want it to modify the .html page names that I had to manually overwrite the first time I created the product page.

"Generate a separate page for each product" (which is incorrectly named in the help document) is already switched off. Is there another option hidden somewhere?

Edit: for what it's worth, as a workaround, I copy the page name to "meta keywords" before changing the reference, then copy it back afterwards, but I really shouldn't have to do this.
    The Patchwork Rabbit

It sounds as if this could be the same bug that Bruce refers to here.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...50&postcount=4

The Product Reference is used in the Product Page Name. If you are using Product Pages, changing the Product Reference will change the name of the Product Page, and you will lose any rankings you have for it.

This is a known bug (ref SD-3621). Unfortunately the only workarounds are to change the Page Name manually back to what it was before, or set up 301 redirects on the server from the old URLs to the new ones.
    Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer, Mike. I searched but didn't find anything useful.
      The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

That's OK. It came up in a thread on product references a couple of days ago so I was aware of the problem.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X