Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading a hidden page

Hi there,

I have a hidden page which I need to have published in order to be accessed by an external link (outside of the site). I don't want this page to appear in any internal menu or page linking system, but if I hide the page and publish, the page is deleted. Theoretically, I can take the code from the page and then publish via say, Dreameaver, but this is an additional step.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Many thanks

Breaming baby

Unhide page, upload, FTP to server and rename page, hide page, upload.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes you can keep the page in SellerDeck and just hide it from the mega menu / menu and sitemap page by adding a few blockifs and a variable to the layouts. If you do not want search engines to index the page either you would need to add a further blockif to the header code to add a noindex meta tag. Instructions for an older software version which gives pointers can be found at: How can I choose which sections to show in the Top Level Section List? . However you have a custom built design so the generic instructions may not work for your setup, if you do not know how to edit the layouts you may need assistance from your designer to make the changes.
      Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
        Unhide page, upload, FTP to server and rename page, hide page, upload.
        Thanks Norman but this is basically the Dreamweaver approach I wanted to avoid - that is any additional steps. Each time the site is uploaded special steps are needed to have this page (or more as I intend) to cater for their appearing on the site.

Thanks for the advice.

Grant

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
          Yes you can keep the page in SellerDeck and just hide it from the mega menu / menu and sitemap page by adding a few blockifs and a variable to the layouts. If you do not want search engines to index the page either you would need to add a further blockif to the header code to add a noindex meta tag. Instructions for an older software version which gives pointers can be found at: How can I choose which sections to show in the Top Level Section List? . However you have a custom built design so the generic instructions may not work for your setup, if you do not know how to edit the layouts you may need assistance from your designer to make the changes.
          Thanks for this Pableco.

I can see the possibilities in this. I am looking at the probability that Sellerdeck removes files from the server explicitly by name, so if I rename the file on the server, it won't be deleted.

Thanks for the advice.

Grant

Comment

Originally posted by BeamingBaby View Post
            I am looking at the probability that Sellerdeck removes files from the server explicitly by name, so if I rename the file on the server, it won't be deleted.
            It only removes files from the server if you have selected to hide or delete the page in SellerDeck, if you keep a page active but stop the layout showing it on the menu it can be kept up to date. If you rename the file on the server it would not be kept up to date, i.e. if you added a new section it would not show on that page menu.
            Peblaco

Comment

Hide section AND in Sitemap

Hi, All and thanks for this Thread.

Seems to me that - generally speaking - 'Hide Page' should by default mean hide form Menus AND from Sitemap. I keep hiding Sections but Google still complains because it cannot find the page. Does not v2014 Hide from Sitemap too?

what about a 'Hide 2' option that does just that. So then we can use external links only.

Thanks again.
              Ian Henley

Comment

The "Hide on website" option takes the page off the website altogether. It is possible to keep a page on the website but hide it on menus, section page and site map page but you need to add custom blockif code to take the link off the layouts.

For your suggestion, you can post it in the wish list section or directly contact SellerDeck with your suggestion for them to add it to the wish list.
                Peblaco

Comment

Working...
                X