Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re order fragments in content tree ?

Hi all,

Ive searched the forums but cannot find answer.
    I have a new page which will end up quite long indeed, its full of fragment images and i need to easily re-order their position but SD will not let me do it ?

I can easily re-order products and sections but it appears not with fragments ?

Here is the page:

http://www.stageprint.co.uk/acatalog/Portfolio.html
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Do you mean you are dragging them to different positions in the content tree but the page is not updating?.
    Peblaco

Comment

Hello,

Yes, its a standard brochure page with all those fragments and im just trying the simple task of picking the bottom one and trying to send it to the top but the move is refused and it stays where it is.

This page will eventually be very long and I need to shuffle the images on a regular basis.

I have attached a screenshot from sd, you can see the simple 'portfolio' page and fragments in the content tree.
      Attached Files
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

I think i know what this is all about, especially as sd has just crashed and locked up on me,
        Im not using a standard site structure, I haven't hacked code but my products are technically sections. This can cause descriptions to mysteriously vanish, sd said they are calling it a 'usability issue' quite some time ago and maybe fix it.

Either that or its a straight forward bug ?

Edit: yes its doing it again, first time in months, if i touch any descriptions anywhere they vanish or move to another part of the page in sd preview. I hope sd can fix this because i want my site structure the way it is and im not prepared to change it.

Edit2: now its working and i can shuffle fragments, i did nothing to make this work again, it fixed itself on its own.
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Did you report the issue with the descriptions vanishing?.
          Peblaco

Comment

Normally you can only move products or Attributes order when you are the only person using the site, as soon as another user logs in it freezes movement
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks Louise and Chris

I can now re-order fragments, I did nothing different.

Yes I reported missing descriptions maybe a year ago, I got a bit 'heated' towards SD on the forums - a moment im not proud of.

I emailed support ages ago about the vanishing descriptions and they said that they understood the problem and will report it as a usability issue.

It wont be high up on SD's to do list, I would much rather thy gave us shipping costs in cart instead, when quantities are on product pages.

Im about to post a new thread about something else, SD have just offered me a fantastic magical fix for something else but I cant quite get it to work.
              Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X