Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show and download customer IP Address

Hi all,

SD Hosting are great, they are very helpful and quick response. They have just given me the following link:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=55779

I can do all of the above but cannot enter "Your IP address is logged" at the following area:

You will be taken to a prompt called 'General User Definable 3'. Please tick the box in the column 'Show' for this entry and then go to the field 'Current Value' and give a relevant name (i.e. 'IP Address of customer') and click 'OK'.

It wont let me change the field text.

It works in my checkout and shows under 'general information' 'user definable 3, but the ip address is not shown and I also need it to say "Your IP address is logged"

Is this old code that's not compatible with sd 2013 ?
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

It wont let me change the field text.
    Are you changing the text in the 'Current value' field? It works for me by changing the text there and clicking 'apply.'

the ip address is not shown
    There was a bug that stopped it working in V10 but the knowledge base article seems recent so it should work.

Not much more I can add.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I restored then did it all again, now I can edit the message.

Sadly the code does not work, the ip address does not show anywhere on the live website or the downloaded order.

What a shame, would be a nice feature to have.

I have found this code and may try to use it,

<script language="JavaScript">
      VIH_BackColor = "palegreen";
      VIH_ForeColor = "navy";
      VIH_FontPix = "16";
      VIH_DisplayFormat = "You are visiting from:<br>IP Address: %%IP%%<br>Host: %%HOST%%";
      VIH_DisplayOnPage = "yes";
      </script>
      <script language="JavaScript" src="http://scripts.hashemian.com/js/visitorIPHOST.js.php"></script>
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Well, I emailed SD and they say the code from the knowledge base should work.
        Ive re-installed it about 4 times now but no luck.
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Im going to FTP the actinic pxml.pm but cannot find the file where it sits on the server ?
          Ive got my site open in a good ftp client and I cannot find ActinicPXML.pm

Can anyone tell me which folder it should be in ?

I have genuinely just looked through my entire directory.
          Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

It probably isn't there.

For many of the script files, you make the edits to the source file and sellerdeck then strips out the comments etc to create an executable file, the one with the 000001 in it (typically.) For example OrderScript.pl, becomes os000001.pl on the server IIRC.

Sellerdeck will create the executable file and upload it during a site update. If you're concerned that your file isn't getting updated then just look for the right file, I'm not sure which one it is, and look for your changes. You'll need to search for a specific line of code as the line numbers will have changed.

Comment

Woohooo

Apologies Mike, I made a mistake that I could not see. I had a space in ActinicPXML .PM. Between the L and the .

I must have checked the code 30 times until I couldn't check anymore and simply didn't think there would be an error in the name of a file.

It was a site snapshot that showed me the error.

It works and its a free plugin
              Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

I'm glad to hear you've got it working. We all make mistakes and usually catch them before they cause any problems. I guess the typo in the file name explains why the changes weren't being updated to the server which you suspected was where the problem was.

Comment

Working...
                X