Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to cart losing items

Hi
    Using V 12.0.5 OFLD on my test server. Sometimes when you add to cart the items already there get lost. Also it sometimes happens when you View Cart.
    This doesn't happen on my local server.
    I have checked the URLs in the network set-up to ensure thw www. is alsways there.
    Also checked this post (thread 54473) and tried that version of ACTINIC.pm (which is older than the 12.05 version) but I still get the issue.
    I've cleared cookies, refreshed but it still happens.
    The test site is at: http://www.testlive.co.uk/ksm/
    Sometimes I can add 3-4 items and sometimes only one?

Frustrating, as I'm not getting the issue with other sites.
    Mike Booker
    M B Web Services
    mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
    +44 1932 340318

I see the same error, sometimes only adds 1, sometimes, 2, 3 or 4 then resets. May have seen a similar issue before but most of the posts on here not regarding the common www problem don't have solutions to them. If it works on a different host it could be a server hosting issue, do you have another host area to try with?. It would be best to contact SellerDeck Support directly.
    Peblaco

Comment

It's worth checking the server time /date and cart expiry period. The only thing I've seen that can affect the cart other than the www. thing is where the cookie is being expired because of a problem on the server setting and / or the local PC.

Also check the server for expired session files. These should be cleared up but if the expiry time is too long then they can build up and could potentially cause problems if there are too many of them.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Am currently testing on another host (completely different box altogether) and get the same issue.
        So... I'm suspicious that discounts may be playing a part, so will remove them and try again...
        Mike Booker
        M B Web Services
        mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
        +44 1932 340318

Comment

Current findings:
          Removing discounts had no effect.
          Then exported the products, reverted to an earlier working spanshot, re-imported the products and it seems to be OK now.
          Thanks for your help.
          Now (if there's time) it's trying to find out what changed between my old snapshot and the newer one other than products.
          Mike Booker
          M B Web Services
          mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
          +44 1932 340318

Comment

Tried to take the advice of peblaco and raise this with Sellerdeck. Got the following response:
            Thanks for contacting SellerDeck Email Support

I’m afraid with effect of 21st January free email support is provided only for users on v11 , for v12(SellerDeck 2013) or v14(SellerDeck SellerDeck 2014) or EPOS you will need to have a cover contract to be able get any form of Support. Please see http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/index.ph...ory/send-query
            No further comment.
            Mike Booker
            M B Web Services
            mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
            +44 1932 340318

Comment

I have eventually located the source of the problem.
              It was down to a javascript add-on which magnifies the product images when you mouse over them. By commenting out the scrip the issue stopped. Un-commenting them and the issue returned.
              How that affected the cart sometimes and not always remains a mystery.
              The script used jquery:
              jquery-1.11.1.min.js
              jquery.magnify.js

Now all I have to do is find another script to magnify the images that doesn't interfere with the cart...
              Mike Booker
              M B Web Services
              mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
              +44 1932 340318

Comment

Try Drillpine's SellerDeck add-ons I use them, several variations - Tooltip, Lightbox, Magic Zoom, Multi Product Images, packed with different features and wouldn't affect the cart / checkout.
                Peblaco

Comment

Yes Dillpine was my next port of call - I've used his add-ons before with success.
                  Mike Booker
                  M B Web Services
                  mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
                  +44 1932 340318

Comment

I heard my name!

This is a rather weird one. SellerDeck 2014 loads jQuery 1.11.1 as standard so it's unlikely to be that.

Which only leaves jquery.magnify.js (or the way it's been implemented) and all it seems to do is tinker with IMG tags. I note that the implementation activates it for all IMG tags on the page, not just ones that may contain a larger image to zoom in on.

I'm not convinced that jquery.magnify.js is the real culprit. Are you positive on this? I tried to see the fault happening but the test site you mentiond now has jQuery and magnify commented out. Also there are JavaScript errors on every page because the code that starts magnify:
                    Code:
                    <script>
                    $(document).ready(function() {
                      $('img').magnify();
                    });
                    </script>
                    hasn't been commented out.
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman
                      You are of course right - the published test system is an unfinished issue - currently working with a local copy to iron out "things".
                      I don't know if it's the culprit or not, I just know that if I comment out the scripts the problem goes away.
                      I'll tidy the test site up later - working hopefully!
                      Mike Booker
                      M B Web Services
                      mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
                      +44 1932 340318

Comment

Mike, if you have time (and the inclination), could you re-instate the commented out lines:
                        Code:
                        <!--
                        <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/magnify.css">
                        <script src="js/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>
                        <script src="js/jquery.magnify.js"></script>
                        -->
                        On the live test site.

With them removes, I added 7 items to the Cart and repeatedly viewed it and they all stayed in place.

I'd like to see if re-instating magnify breaks things again.
                        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman
                          Just for you I have uploaded an earlier version with the scripts in tact.
                          The cart losing items is not every time, but after 3-4 times ish of adding to or viewing the cart. That's what's really wierd. If it was everytime, then I think the issue would be traceable.
                          Mike Booker
                          M B Web Services
                          mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
                          +44 1932 340318

Comment

Working...
                          X