Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google page speed tests - poor results

Hi all,

My website has been a bit slow the past few days so ive just run google page speed insights and got some pretty low scores down to 22 out of 100

Should I move server ?
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

There are several areas Google suggests improving, most relate to on page resources and how they are loaded. You can enable compression in the software settings as long as your server has Archive::Zip you may need to check with your hosting company. The default themes minify Javascripts if not customised. You can look at optimising image file sizes with graphic software to reduce download time. The other recommendations would need layout changes you could discuss with your website designer.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for your reply Louise

Yes there are quite a lot of elements that can be changed, I use photoshop for my images and cannot really scale them down much further.

I do have some javascript which im not actually using, so may look at removing that.

I will keep an eye on it as its only the last few days I have noticed a reduction in page load speed with some images 'getting stuck half loaded on screen', if it carries on I may once again have to move servers, but if I do it will be a hosting company that understands what Sellerdeck actually is and gives me written confirmation they support it.

As to testing sd 14 I just have not had time, but will try to use the default smart theme as it clearly works well.

Edit - just tested my site again, its even slower now, not good especially as I have a magazine advert out soon. Any Business that uses a web site needs to have it loading fully and quickly otherwise it can deter people from having trust in the site. well that's my opinion anyway.
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Try saving them as .jpg instead of .png in photoshop - saved your kvodsflyerd.png at 51 quality and was 18k vs 97kb. The connection and wait stats are not too bad so the server seems ok.
        =======================================
        Cater For You Ltd

Comment

Working...
        X