Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site returns to wrong page from product purchase view.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site returns to wrong page from product purchase view.

Hi there,

I have a number of special offer pages which have some javascript designed to do the following:
    Show a countdown timer remaining on the offer
    Redirect to an expiry page should the offer have expired.

But, if someone purchases the product then the retun page from the purchases review page is back to the expiry page found in the javascript:

$('#defaultCountdown').countdown({until: ExpiryDay});
    $('#year').text(ExpiryDay.getFullYear());
    }
    else
    {
    window.location="http://www.beamingbaby.co.uk/baby-products/<some epiry page URL here>";
    }

I cannot immediately see how Sellerdeck is assuming that a URL mentioned in a section of code should be the return page rather than the URL of the product page!

Has anyone had similar experience or can anyone suggest how this is happening?

Many thanks

Beaming Baby

Without a link to a n example product, it will be hard for anyone to help.

You could try putting:
    Code:
    alert('Redirecting');
    immediately above
    Code:
    window.location="http://www.beamingbaby.co.uk/baby-products/<some epiry page URL here>";
    If you see the alert, that shows that your JavaScript redirect is executing so you'll need to debug it.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman, thanks.

I seem to have resolved the problem by clearing the cookies whereupon, after several hours of trying, it worked immediately. The Expiry goto page had been invoked during testing but after resetting the expiry date this return page seemed to persist until, as I say, I cleared the cookie cache.

Thanks anyway - no debugging required!

Grant

Comment

Working...
      X