MS Edge Browser Blanking Menu items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Edge Browser Blanking Menu items

Hi. I have been checking compatibility of our site with the new MS Edge browser. Most things work but for some reason the first 3 entries on the main horizontal menu and the title above the vertical menu appear blank (white on white) until you hover on them. It is the same on all pages and even after refreshing the page (www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk)

The rest of the menu items appear fine on the Edge browser. However we have had a couple of reports that images are displaying the same behaviour but cannot recreate the issue for the images.

Also everything is fine on chrome and internet explorer versions.

I would really appreciate some help on tracking the problem down. I guess other sites may have the same issue as I think our menus are standard SD code.

Thank you

Tony
    Tony
    www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Sellerdeck MS Edge browser incompatibility

I created a test 2014 site and still have the same issue including with the checkout button. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to track down the issue. The code for one of the blank menu items is:

<table><tr><td style="background-color: <actinic:variable name="Wiz_SecondBarColor" />;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz%5fBorders%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Yes%22">border: solid 1px <actinic:variable name="Wiz_BorderColor" />; border-right: 0; border-top: 0;</actinic:block>">

<a href="<actinic:variable name="HomePageURL" />" target="_self" class="link_menu"><font size="3">Sections/Products</font> </a>

</td></tr></table>

Many thanks

Tony
    Tony

Comment

Possible fix

I found by taking out the: class="link_menu" from the ahref statement and replacing it with an explicit colour and font size the problem goes away. This leads me to believe there is an issue in the stylesheet with the "link_menu" item.

It looks like the background of the menu item gets changed from green to white. Hence the menu item appears to have gone (white on white). I cant seem to see how the corruption is happening. Any ideas would be welcome.

Hopefully this might be of help to others with MS Edge browser / Windows 10 issues.

Many thanks

Tony
      Tony

Comment

Working...
      X