Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to close my site - appaling stats

Hi all,

Im seriously considering not bothering with my website anymore, zero hits, zero vists, zero web spiders in the last 2 months !

I could save the money its costs to run the site and advertise the old fashioned way instead !
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Not sure if you are looking for some encouragement or feedback on your website?

I'll start with the website.....

There are plenty of SEO issues with it so it is unlikely to rank well.

I've only looked at the home page but there is no text on there to say what you do. You have to spell it out to visitors (and, therefore, search engines) what solution you are providing to their problem. Search engines won't index that page correctly simply because there really is no text for it to work on.

To compound that, all of the section titles ("Posters & wide format", "Programmes & booklets" etc) are all set as H1 tags.

There should only be one H1 tag on a page - which should contain keywords e.g. "Printers of Programmes and booklets" (not very good but I am rushing).

As H tags are hierarchical, all of the section titles should be H2.

The H tags are there to give the page some structure not to provide a way of formatting headers etc.

Once people are on your website it is unclear about what you want them to do. I went to the A3 poster page (http://www.stageprint.co.uk/acatalog...rs.html#SID=17) and I could add posters to my cart.... but am I purchasing the design shown or am I supplying you with the design? If the latter, how do I get that to you?

There are plenty of things to think about. Search on this forum for SEO related topics for a start and amend your site accordingly. But don't just rely on search engines..... promote the site in other ways.

Go to go. Hope that helps.
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Have you got Search Console/Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics set up?

Where are you getting your stats from about no visitors?
      Based in rural Northants

Comment

Hi and thanks for the reply,

Yes I was looking for advice, thanks.

Im a bit confused about the "h" tags as im using sellerdeck 'out of the box' and I always thought that sellerdeck was supposed to be search engine optimised 'out of the box' ?

I have not got Search Console/Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics set up, so look at that.

It was just a huge shock when I logged into webstats, really made me feel like all my effort was just a waste of my time building it in the first place.

I have a couple of email promotions soon to happen, separate from the website and will check the stats again.
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Which version are you using Michael?
          Based in rural Northants

Comment

Hi,

Im using v 12.05, sorry this is the wrong part of the forum.

Felling a bit happier today as my server administrator has confirmed that stats were not been recorded properly and its now fixed.

Thanks,

Michael
            Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Glad to hear th,at but I would recommend you take the advice of Andrew to increase your chances of getting more traffic and of course orders.

Comment

Lots that can be done.

For an easy to use tool try seorch.eu It'll check pages and make suggestions. As you don't have loads of pages it'll be fine. It's not really a tool for lots of pages.

SEMrush.com is another useful tool to use in conjunction with any seo work. The free account lets you monitor 10 of your keyword positions and your competitors so see how you are doing.

I couldn't see a sitemap. there are plenty of free sitemap creators that can create and upload an XML map. You need a google webmaster account to tell it where to look. You'll also find a webmaster account will tell you if there is anything else you need to do.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone.

I had to leave the site again and just get on with work. Im now back working on the site with new products added, old products removed and trying to improve its appearance in general. I have some more tidying up to do, wrong prices etc, and will then look again at seo.

We ran an advert with one of our affiliates and gained new customers, im well pleased with that and next month maybe have an email mailout to 2500 potential repeat customers, hopefully the conversion to real sales will be good.

Happy days,

Michael
                  Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Pleased to hear it.

If you've got anymore questions you know we'll try to help if we can.
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Thanks Andrew,

I am quite pleased with what im doing on my site and thinking about maybe having embedded flash intro on the homepage, last time I asked about this I think I was advised not to though.

Do web designers use an alternative to flash these days ?
                      Last edited by newshopbloke; 28-Jan-2016, 05:44 PM. Reason: shocking grammatical errors
                      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

there are probably lots of basic things you need to get right.

take the page for Laminated posters. The meta data doesn't match the content.
                        head title : Laminated posters (17 characters)
                        keywords : business card printing,business cards,cheap business cards,printed business cards,vistaprint,vistaprint business cards ( 6 items )
                        description : business cards, business card printing, printed business cards (62 characters)

The description is your 3 line sales pitch that appears in search results.
                        The page isn't indexed in google so I assume they don't like it for some reason. That might be one.

I wouldn't worry about the server stats. just use google analytics / webmaster tools as that will tell you much more.

I'd also suggest downloading screaming frog seo tool. It's free for a site your size and will highlight many things that are wrong with the site - big images, duplicate meta descriptions, missing h1, h2 etc.

seorch.eu is another useful tool for checking individual pages.

Still no site map.

These are all fairly simple things to correct. From a search engine point of view, it just isn't worthwhile indexing or showing in search results which accounts for its lack of performance.

Comment

Try putting site:https://www.stageprint.co.uk/ into a google search and then see if any of those would entice you to click on the result.

Comment

Thanks Simon,

Yes you are right that some of my meta tags are not right.
                            This is because I often copy and paste a product to create a new one.

I have set up google analytics and I know that I have to sort my tags and descriptions out, much to do !
                            Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X