Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop downs - font / box size ?

Hello all,

Firstly I hope everyone is having a good start to the new year.

I have searched the forums for this, found some info, but struggling with this one. Im simply trying to change the font size in all my component drop downs because the standard size is a bit too small.

I went to library / layouts / choice lists / drop down choice list and tried everything I could think of but it appears to get overwritten and also eventually crashed the software.

I also tried drop down choice lists / edit layout and then tried to alter the code for "UIWidgetName" as I believe that's the bit that is overwriting my font size attribute, but then again I could be completely mistaken and looking in completely the wrong area as usual

I cant click on the box in design view and just select alter attributes / font size, I wish it were that simple. I can use this method to change the title of the drop down though.

Im sure, hope, its really simple ?

All of my product pages have the same drop downs, the text is just a bit too small....

http://www.stageprint.co.uk/acatalog...-leaflets.html

Thanks, Michael
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

I'm not sure of the legit way to do this in the css so here is my quick and dirty fix:

On your choice details area, highlight the HTML for Name line, select actlarger (or another option) in the dropdown box above and apply.

e.g.

Then it looks like this:

Attached Files
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Mind you I use radio buttons for most choices which helps.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Answered

Thanks Jules,

I ended up finding an old post with some code that was required, thanks again Norman !

Heres the thread:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...910#post350910

Im now tweaking the following code:

<select style="height:20px;width:150px;font-family:courier;font-size:14px;" name="v_2_1" name="<actinic:variable name="UIWidgetName" />" class="form_input_general ajs-attr<actinic:block php="true" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentCheckboxShown%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE" >
        echo ' chk_' . $sCompCheckBox . '_';

I nearly worked this out myself but was entering javascript !!

Now I can adjust both height and width of the drop downs and all font attributes. Brilliant !
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Great stuff - thanks for bringing Norman's super powers to the forefront once again!

Comment

Hello all,

What a shame, that lovely piece of code breaks dynamic pricing. After all it was not written for an sd version with dynamic pricing.

style="height:23px;width:114px;font-family:verdana;font-size:13px;margin-top:3px;" name="v_2_1"

Im going to try and work it out myself but doubt I will know what to do, at least I can go back to standard size drop downs and the site works.

edit: Woohoooo, fixed it, just had to remove name="v_2_1" off the end of the code, because it makes the code confused with 2 'names' I think.
            Last edited by newshopbloke; 30-Jan-2016, 01:08 PM. Reason: Solved
            Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X