Social Media on Sellerdeck 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Media on Sellerdeck 2014

Hi all, relatively new to Sellerdeck 2014 so just hoping for some advice on a few things...

Firstly, underneath the logo on the left hand side there two Facebook like and share buttons. I can't see where to remove these, any ideas?

Secondly, the logo and social media images/links don't seem to appear on the Service page, but they do on all the other menu pages, cannot fathom that one.

Thirdly, when the page loads there is a gap between when seemingly the content loads, and then when the social media buttons load. Can this be solved?

Website is Snooker Direct http://www.snookerdirect.co.uk/index.html and Service page is http://www.snookerdirect.co.uk/acatalog/services.html

Many thanks
    Rob

The facebook bit of code is probably in the Header Area layout. If you go to the design tab and look in your Outer layout you'll either see the code there or double click on the bit in pink that says HeaderArea to get to it.

The 'Services' page looks like it's been created outside of sellerdeck (it's not in the sitemap) which explains why the facebook code (and some of the images) aren't there.

The social media buttons and code are being loaded from facebook which is why there's a delay on them appearing.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike, some follow up questions then to move this forward...

I've had a look and can only see Header Area (Smart Header Area), and within there cannot see any code that is the same as the Facebook link currently on the website. Do you know what I should be looking for?

I see what you mean about the Services page, that makes a lot of sense as the page in the website content tree doesn't change in live when i edit it. Do you know how I can change the live page to the one in the content tree?

Regarding the time lag within social media buttons, is there any way to avoid this other than removing the social media buttons/links? It seems a bit silly to have such a time lag.

Many thanks
      Rob

Comment

Sorry forgot to add the Services page displays correctly if you link to it from the About Us page, but if you go from other pages like the homepage, that is when it seems to go to the other incorrect page!

Comment

Have sorted this all now, many thanks for your help setting me down the right path Mike.

Regards
          Rob

Comment

Glad to hear it's all sorted. Sellerdeck can take a bit of getting used to but it's a very powerful system with a huge amount of functionality built in.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Sorry, a bit late getting onto this due to holiday. You should be able to change all the social media settings, including disabling any or all of the buttons, in Site Options > Social Media. Unless somebody modified the layouts and removed the Conditions that control them.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
              X