Sendgrid Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sendgrid Problems?

Are anybody experiencing problems using Sendgrid today? Just starting today, we cannot send email from within Sellerdeck, and customers are not being sent confirmation emails, nor being taken back to site smoothly following payment from PayPal or Sagepay. Not had any problems with Sendgrid before. Sellerdeck reports it cannot connect (see screenshots).
    Nothing untowards in Network settings, but the email confirming success is not received.

Using 14.03.

Thanks guys.
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Hi Karen,

Hopefully it's just a glitch for you as my emails from yesterday and today have been going out fine via sendgrid (using V18.0.4)
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike, Thank you for replying. I can't see why email are not sending then. 1and1 have not changed anything and I have made to changes in the script. I can download the orders just fine, but people cannot message from site, and they do not get an email confirmation. I cannot send email from within Sellerdeck as I get the error on the screenshots. Did I not atatch the screenshots in the first post? I'll try again here.Email error continued
      Attached Files
      Kind Regards
      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Just checked Actinic.pm for the port settings and they are nowhere to be seen. I had a computer crash in March and had to download the software from Sellerdeck again, but assumed any tweaks I had done would be imported in the snapshot. It has been working OK though since March until yesterday so no idea what has happened. Any help would be gratefully received.
        Kind Regards
        Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

ACTINIC.pm on SD2014....

$nSmtpPort is set on line 1321

By default it is set to 25

Try 465 or 587

You should also look for the same variable at line 480 on TestSettings.pl
          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
          Based in rural Northants

Comment

Hi Goz. There are no visible port settings in neither Actinic.pm or TestSetting.pl, I already checked. I just have:

# Gather the SMTP host, server, and socket information
            #
            my ($nProto, $them, $nSmtpPort, $sLocalHost, $sMessage, $serverIP);

my $sLocalhost = GetHostname(); # get the local machine name or ip address
            if ($sLocalhost eq '')
            {
            $sLocalhost = 'localhost'; # try localhost as a final possibility
            # GetHostname should not fail on most of the systems
            }

$nProto = getprotobyname('tcp');
            $nSmtpPort = <actinic:variable name="ExternalSMTPPort" />; # Use default port - LINE 1321

$serverIP = inet_aton($sSmtpServer); # due the dns lookup and get the ip address
            if (!defined $serverIP)
            {

UPDATE: Just checked my previous installation of V14.03 and that didn't have the port number defined in Actinic.pm or Testsettings.pm either.
            Kind Regards
            Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

In that case I would suggest that your copies of ACTINIC.pm and TestSettings.pl are both corrupt.

I've checked all my SD2014 sites and, as I said in my post, $nSmtpPort is being set on the lines I mentioned.

ACTINIC.pm is 340kb

TestSettings.pl is 30kb
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

Looking at your post again, it looks like you've got a modified copy of ACTINIC.pm. Someone has introduced a variable to set SMTP somewhere in your copy of SD - that is not a standard copy of ACTINIC.pm
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

That would have been me at some point then, I have no recollection of doing that whatsoever, but then as we all know Actinic/Sellerdeck has necessitated a lot of tweaking over the years. In any case everything was working perfectly with those templates for years until two days ago.
                  Kind Regards
                  Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Go into Design > Design Library > Variables.

Right Click on Library at the top and then select Find and look for ExternalSMTPPort - this will tell you where the variable is set. You can play with the 3 standard port numbers then to see if any of them work.
                    Let us know how you get on.
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post

ACTINIC.pm is 340kb

TestSettings.pl is 30kb

Mine are:
                      ACTINIC.pm is 338kb - size on disk 340
                      TestSettings is 29.9kb size on disk 32kb
                      Kind Regards
                      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

That setting ExternalSMTPPort setting came from this forum. See https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...1-server/page2 post #28.

So you should be able to set it under Settings / Site Options / Properties / Site.
                        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
                          Go into Design > Design Library > Variables.

Right Click on Library at the top and then select Find and look for ExternalSMTPPort - this will tell you where the variable is set. You can play with the 3 standard port numbers then to see if any of them work.
                          Let us know how you get on.
                          Yes found that now. Thank you Goz. Will let you know how I get on.

Kind Regards
                          Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                            That setting ExternalSMTPPort setting came from this forum. See https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...1-server/page2 post #28.

So you should be able to set it under Settings / Site Options / Properties / Site.
                            Ah that's where it came from. Thanks Norman. Now I'll have a play and see what happens. It is set at 2525 at the moment.
                            Kind Regards
                            Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Had it on port 2525, tried 25 - even though it is blocked by 1and1 - also tried 587 and 465 - none worked
                              Kind Regards
                              Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Working...
                              X