No announcement yet.

Ionos upgrade resulting in error 500 across the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they edit the Perl scripts on the server they will be overwritten the next time that you do an upload..... it will be interesting to see how SellerDeck reacts to a script that it cannot update on the server.
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Yes, agreed, but ionos seemed to be 'write-protecting' their amended scripts so in theory they were not overwritten. Whether this actually works or will sustain over time .... ? Let alone it being an enormous kludge!

Comment

Let us know how SellerDeck reacts to not being able to write those scripts on upload
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Speaking for me there has been no reaction. I have uploaded at least ten times and it has not been overwritten nor objected to. Just the error messages as I reported yesterday and the inability to connect to Sagepay - as Paul discovered.
          Kind Regards
          Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

So, everything seemingly work ok, even the transfer to Sagepay from this morning.. However, I cannot do a website analysis, the network test throws up same error as before, and the error log is jam packed with odd errors.
            Kind Regards
            Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Karen: I know what you mean about the Website Analysis just hanging. Mine did the same until a few days ago and then just started working for no apparent reason. I'm sure you've seen these alternative scripts mentioned on the forum that may be of use in listing the installed Perl modules: info.pl and list-modules.pl (run from your cgi-bin with 755 permissions) but just in case I've attached them below.

Goz: background update: we upgraded to SD2018 which is compatible with Perl v5.28 and apparently these scripts don't appear to need any mods (by ionos) to work, so a moot point whether they would be overwritten.

cheers
              Paul
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X