Unable to Upload Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Upload Site

Hi all, I have a problem never encountered before. I have spent all day trying to resolve it to no avail. I have asked support for help but no helpful advice is forthcoming, and I have spoken to host, Ionos, who are clueless. So I turn to you and hope you may cast light on this problem.

I have check permission, and there is plenty of space on the server.

When I try to upload I get the message in the attached screenshot.

One time I also got the message:

An error occurred while transferring files to the web site.

Possible Cause:
    Network timed out
    Network is down
    FTP server is down
    Remote server disk is full
    The permissions on the file or directory on the remote
    server are locked
    If the file being sent is a CGI script
    (nqxxxxxx.pl or caxxxxxx.pl) someone else may be
    using the same CGI script ID as you.
    Recommendations:
    Abort
    Resolution:
    Re-establish your network connection
    Be sure the FTP server is running
    Try re-installing the web site when the network is not so busy
    Make sure the disk is not full on the remote server
    Make sure the website and cgi-bin directories
    on the remote server are writable
    Make sure the files in the cgi-bin and website are writable
    Make sure your CGI script ID in the Advanced |
    Network Setup... dialog is unique for your web server.

File: index.html#

Same error with File: di000001.pm

I tried the Advance Network Setup "Test", and got the following:

You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "/cgi-bin/" or it does not exist.

I have no idea what is going wrong here, but hope and pray that you will. Thanks so much.
    Attached Files
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Hi Karen,

I just checked my site on Ionos and it uploads OK so it doesn't look like there's a general problem.

It does sound as if Sellerdeck doesn't like the permissions settings somewhere. Your index.html file is in the top level of your server (i.e. not in /acatalog/) so that might be something to look at.

You could do a server settings check in Help> Troubleshooting > Web Site Analysis. This will include a check of the various permissions Sellerdeck sees on files in the important subdirectories..

I've also seem problems in the past with AV software interfering with sellerdeck. I'm assuming Sellerdeck fails the network settings test so you could disable your AV software and run a network test to see if that changes anything.

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike, Boy was I glad to see your name here today! The index.html file is in the top level. I did a Web Site Analysis test:

Check script permissions in Online Store Folder.

Create file in Online Store Folder...
      Success
      Chmod file...
      Success
      Rename file...
      Success
      Remove file...
      Success

I tried turning off antivirus and no difference. The Advanced Network "Test" still threw up the You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "/cgi-bin/" or it does not exist error
      Thanks so much for any help you can give me Mike.
      Kind Regards
      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

So, your cgi-bin directory definitely exists as I get a 'Permission denied' error if I try to access it.

just to make sure it's not a permissions problem, can you ftp into your site and set the permissions on your acatalog subdirectory to 777 and trying that. There's a chance that the server has been updated with a different set of permission requirements for the ftp access assigned to the login details.

When you ftp into your site do you get taken straight to the top level of your web server (where the index.html file sits)? And are you using the same ftp username and password as sellerdeck has? There's also a chance that the sellerdeck login is starting somewhere else than the top level so the cgi-bin folder isn't where it's expecting it.

Mike

Comment

Working now for me
          https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
            So, your cgi-bin directory definitely exists as I get a 'Permission denied' error if I try to access it.

just to make sure it's not a permissions problem, can you ftp into your site and set the permissions on your acatalog subdirectory to 777 and trying that. There's a chance that the server has been updated with a different set of permission requirements for the ftp access assigned to the login details.

When you ftp into your site do you get taken straight to the top level of your web server (where the index.html file sits)? And are you using the same ftp username and password as sellerdeck has? There's also a chance that the sellerdeck login is starting somewhere else than the top level so the cgi-bin folder isn't where it's expecting it.

Mike
            Do you mean accessing via a different FTP application? When I look via my ionos account I can see that the permission on the acatalog is set to 777 - which is odd as I set it to 755 yesterday so maybe ionos support is trying their end. It doesn't work though:

Thanks Mike
            Kind Regards
            Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
              Working now for me
              Hi Ed. The site is running fine online, problem is that I cannot upload anything to it, which is obviously a major problem.
              Kind Regards
              Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Hi Karen,

I see your index.html page is set to 644. You could try changing that to 755 just in case that's a roadblock for sellerdeck.

Do you mean accessing via a different FTP application?
                Yes. Filezilla is good and free. Use the same FTP settings as you have in sellerdeck and see where in the site it opens up at.

Comment

Hi Mike, No problems connecting. This is how it opened up
                  Kind Regards
                  Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Hi Karen,

That looks to be where I would expect it to open.

And presumably in your network settings you have:

Path to CGI-BIN: /cgi-bin/
                    Path from CGI-Bin to online store folder: ../acatalog/
                    Path from CGI-BIN to online store folder as viewed by the FTP Server: ../acatalog/

If this is all correct then the only the only remaining things I can think of are your AV software (which should have been eliminated as a possibliity by now) and possibly something odd in your .htaccess file (which you could test by changing its name temporarily to something else and seeing if that makes a difference).

Comment

Have you tried uploading a single page (product) not the whole site?
                      Or tried an upload from a different PC?
                      https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                        Hi Karen,

That looks to be where I would expect it to open.

And presumably in your network settings you have:

Path to CGI-BIN: /cgi-bin/
                        Path from CGI-Bin to online store folder: ../acatalog/
                        Path from CGI-BIN to online store folder as viewed by the FTP Server: ../acatalog/

If this is all correct then the only the only remaining things I can think of are your AV software (which should have been eliminated as a possibliity by now) and possibly something odd in your .htaccess file (which you could test by changing its name temporarily to something else and seeing if that makes a difference).
                        Hi Mike,
                        Yes everything is as it should be in network settings. I tried disabling my AV software last week and no go. I shall try the .thaccess file change. Thanks Mike.
                        Kind Regards
                        Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
                          Have you tried uploading a single page (product) not the whole site?
                          Or tried an upload from a different PC?
                          Hi Ed,
                          I cannot just upload a single file in V14.03, it has always caused the software to close. Never been able to do that. I believe it is a known issue.
                          Unfortunately I have only one PC, so can't try that.
                          Kind Regards
                          Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Hi Mike,
                            I tried renaming .htaccess but still the same. The error shows very quickly when I try to upload, if I ignore it it will keep checking files but once they have been checked it wont proceed further and just hangs:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sellerdeck not proceeding from this step.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	556511

I have tried setting permissions manually to 777 but can see Sellerdeck changes it to 755 when I click retry on the error message. So it successfully changes the permision by the looks of it, but keep throwing up the error. In the end it says it is not successful and closes without changes on the website.
                            Attached Files
                            Kind Regards
                            Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

We've tried pretty much everything I can think of and it all looks as if it should be working (but clearly isn't).

If you'd ;like me to I can try and do an upload from my PC here to see if I can get it work. I've just sent you a message via your website.

Regards

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X