Themes in v2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Themes in v2014

There are indeed just 2 themes in v2014 release version - which seems a little stingy in this day and age. Sure there is also a wire frame version but that is only of real use to those with a technical ability.

Whilst it is good to see some of the hideous legacy themes go (most had never seen the light of day since v7) it does seem strange to restrict new users with just 2 themes. I would have thought it sensible to retain the better of the old theme in a new tab with a caveat - "these are fixed width and not particularly mobile friendly"

Good luck to SellerDeck marketing with that range in their tool box and attracting new customers.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Although to be fair, most of the old themes were unlikely to be used so I think it's good that sellerdeck have bitten the bullet and started off fresh with a couple of decent themes as a starting point.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
      most of the old themes were unlikely to be used
      I agree - some of the themes should never have made it to v7 let alone v12 ... but to purge some of the more popular ones such as Smart etc seems a little extreme ... especially when there only 2 themes left in the play pit.

By all means cull the dead wood but have a replacement plan to take up the slack. People trialling the software are left with a choice of 2 themes - if they don't like the look of either it could be decision maker on whether to buy or not - especially as SellerDeck has always prided itself on being user friendly and getting you selling in double quick time.

Looks like SellerDeck upgrade services are going to be working over time converting existing themes to be responsive - I did actually receive a phone call from them yesterday - the day before the software was available offering this service.

Not that I am cynical or anything.

Bikster

Comment

When can we expect the Jonty Theme then?

Comment

Have to agree, two usable themes and they are so clunky. Huge text, big logos, not subtle, there seems so little design to the designs. There is nothing I would want to use out of the box.

Was looking forward to this update as it sounded as if it had good features, but now I have to re-evaluate the whole software.

Exceedingly disappointed.

Tried importing our current setup and whilst it works, the Carousel feature failed straight away.
          David Sewell
          The Cotton Patch
          http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk
          http://www.rotarycuttershop.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
            When can we expect the Jonty Theme then?
            I don't usually do off-the-shelf themes but sorely tempted for v2014 .... I might wait until the inevitable patch is released to see if any further themes are released and then set about it. .... cheers Duncan .... more sleepless nights ahead

Bikster

Comment

Unfortunately the overhead in developing responsive themes, and testing them on a multitude of devices, is much higher than it was for the older non-responsive ones, so we haven't been able to develop as many. We have also put a lot of effort into improving the quality and presentation, which is a major reason for retiring the older ones. You can customise the new ones to some extent through the Design Wizard and the UI.

Your current themes from an earlier version will continue to work when upgraded to SellerDeck 2014, but older themes cannot be made responsive, unfortunately.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
              X