Install problem after Beta issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install problem after Beta issues

I cannot get a working install of the public release OLWB SD after the beta issues with OKMB.

I installed SD 2014 and entered the licence key on a spare laptop and it installed and uploaded the three responsive layouts good as gold and had default Site1 in the Sites folder and in the SD sites dialogue box. The issue is with my main work computer, that business with the beta has really messed things up for me.

I forced uninstalled SD2014 with Wise Uninstaller (the install.log issue prevented normal uninstall). I then went through regedit removing every single reference to SellerDeck 2014. Deleted all folders manually and rebooted twice.

I reran the install program of OLWB and all went OK, I entered the serial and it said database not found. SD had installed but had not installed a default site, the Sites folder had sites.ini but no Site1 folder. I did the whole uninstall, regedit, delete folders, reboot twice thing again and reinstalled and still no site in the Sites folder.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

After a Sellerdeck Support Remote access uninstall and reinstall I now have a working version of SD2014.

One issue was that the cgi scripts were failing to execute on my test server. Changing the 'Max Size of FTP Blocks' in FTP Options from 4 to 400 resolved this. Apparently this is a machine thing rather than an application thing.

Many thanks
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X