Altering inserted text, rather than altering everytime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Altering inserted text, rather than altering everytime

Wondering if anyone can help with step by step details of how to edit the 'More ...' text that appears on the Links page of every product as Link Text

Just trying to save time on putting a couple of hundred products into my website and although it doesnt take too long to remember to click on links and either cut and paste over More ... or type what i want in the box instead i figured there must be a way of editing wherever sellerdeck takes that text from so what i want is already in there on every new product i create

I have rung support and asked but the reply went over my head and was to do with exporting databases and editing and reimporting and didnt make a lot of sense and didnt really answer what i had asked

I spent the next hour or 2 searching my computer for product list link text after trying to get to the root of the stylesheet within the software and failing to get it to come up with anything i could edit

Found a load of files (around 8 or 10 i think) within the sellerdeck 2014 folder that contained what looked like the right text to edit but wasnt sure as they seem to be slightly newer versions of each other rather than something the program was pulling from when a product was created

Anyone know how to do this easily or is it really that difficult ?

Design / Text / Goto / -1, 3019.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Update. That doesn't seem to be it. That one is More.. (only 2 periods and your prompt has 3).

Comment

Locate the code that displays the link. E.g. layout Standard Product Links.

Replace:
        Code:
                <actinic:variable name="ProductListLinkText" />
        With:
        Code:
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductListLinkText%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22More%2e%2e%2e%22" >WOWZA</actinic:block>
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductListLinkText%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22More%2e%2e%2e%22" ><actinic:variable name="ProductListLinkText" /></actinic:block>
        And change WOWZA to what you want.

The BlockIf's above change "More..." to "WOWZA" but leave any prompt that's not "More..." unaltered.

Comment

Thanks, will give that a go

Comment

That did the trick, thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
            X