EU VAT on digital downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU VAT on digital downloads

I'm trying to set up the new EU VAT regime for digital download products as per the Sellerdeck instructions. Is anyone else doing this and finding that the VAT rates for EU countries are not being calculated properly in the customer invoice? The VAT being charged on DDs is always too high.

EU VAT on downloads

Hi Pablo,

I am not getting that problem with EU vat. I have two sites up with it. It seems to be correctly calculating it so far.

My only thought would be to check for an order you have a problem with, in the product table that you don't have both UK VAT on EU orders and "France" or other EU country for example set as standard for the same product. This would mean both vats are applicable for that product.

I have digital products
    EU Country =Standard, UK VAT on EU Orders = Exempt

Non digital products
    EU Country = Exempt,
    UK VAT on EU Orders = Standard

Let me know if you want any further help.

Cheers,

Phil
    Phil Howell
    Director
    Intuition Un Ltd
    www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
    Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
    www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
    www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
    www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

Hi Phil

Thanks for the reply. I have my products set up the same as yours. The problem comes on mixed orders - when someone orders a CD and DD say, the program *seems* to charge EU VAT on the postage of the CD, for the DD product. I say seems to because the calculation isn't right whatever happens. I've got SD looking at my snapshot, hopefully they'll find out what's happening.

Cheers, Paul

Comment

Working...
      X