Some HTML help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some HTML help needed

On my home page I have a list of brand logo's and they are displaying 5 columns of 3 rows. When I squeeze the page up these logo's also shrink but keep the 5 x 3 format.

What I want it to do is when you squeeze the page I would like the logo's to decrease the quantity of columns but increase the number of rows. I. E. 4 x 4 then 3 x 5 then 2 x 8.

Hopefully this is something quite simple.

No URL given.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sorry forgot that crucial bit

www.thepenzone.co.uk

Comment

Probably not simple, because you currently use a HTML table keeping them in fixed columns and you are also using the responsive theme which would need custom coding.
        Peblaco

Comment

I thought that may be the case.

If I did it in fragments I cant have any more than 3 fragments across as this then seems to then show as only 1 across regardless of the rest of page set up. Is there a way around this?

Also this page is made up of fragments that are just 1 across. I would like to have (working down the page) 3 across, 3across, 1 across then 5 across. Is this possible?

Comment

Any setup you require is probably possible, however there's not a quick fix because it would require custom code and CSS styles to work with the responsive theme.
            Peblaco

Comment

Hmmm!! OK Thanks

Comment

Skeleton Boilerplate is quite good for this. See if you can borrow some code from it and drop it into SD:
                http://getskeleton.com/
                Jonathan Chappell
                Website Designer
                SellerDeck Website Designer
                Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Recommend you make regular snapshot backups before changing code as it might cause issues with other areas in layout so be careful.

I personally wouldn't recommend the Boiler Template for what you're trying to do with your coding ability. In the interim make the pod boxes in centre of screen appear more like links. Change the black text to blue to suggest its click-able.

In the code there is overuse of H tags. The text at bottom of page in centre is H6 tag which it shouldn't be. Did you do that? Or is that part of the layout? (surely not?)

The template you have is based on a SellerDeck responsive layout. Call support see if they can advise what is achievable with that layout before making major changes that could impact your store.

Comment

Working...
                  X