Export a Responsive Design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export a Responsive Design?

My site is in two parts. I use Sellerdeck 2014 for the shop in an adaptive design and there is main part of the site which is in Dreamweaver CS5. This is currently static and tables based.

I would like to remake the whole site in a responsive design.

Can I somehow take the basic design from Sellerdeck and strip out the content to create a template page to use for the main part of the site? In Dreamweaver I could then put in content to build new pages for the main part of the site, which would adapt responsively like the shop.

Is this possible? If so any advice on how to achieve this would be welcomed.

It's possible but would require quite a lot of work however why not add your static content into Sellerdeck as brochure pages instead?

Comment

Thank you Duncan. If it involves a lot of work it is probably well beyond my capabilities!

I've thought of using brochure pages but want to keep existing urls. Is this possible?

I would like to have, as an example

domain.co.uk/item.html

rather than

domain.co.uk/acatalog/item.html

as pages are indexed on Google and some people may have them bookmarked.

Comment

It should be simple to use an .htaccess file (google it) to redirect existing URLs to the acatalog location.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you Norman.

I've got an .existing htaccess file to show a 404 page. It was done so long ago I've forgotten what to do, so I'll go Googling.

Comment

I'm having a go at making some brochure pages as suggested.

If I try to create a brochure page I get this error message

All pages are deleted and unpurged! New page cannot be added while these pages are not purged and and the home page is not undeleted.

I've got no home page at the top of the tree. There is page at the very top called Test Page which is deleted. Should I rename this as Home Page and should it be index.html?

Comment

Originally posted by mdowling View Post
              I'm having a go at making some brochure pages as suggested.

If I try to create a brochure page I get this error message

All pages are deleted and unpurged! New page cannot be added while these pages are not purged and and the home page is not undeleted.

I've got no home page at the top of the tree. There is page at the very top called Test Page which is deleted. Should I rename this as Home Page and should it be index.html?
              Never seen this myself but I would definitely un delete that Test Page. You can rename it to any page name including index.html but if named index.html then it will overwrite any index.html page on your web site if you upload.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks malbro.

Once I created the the home page everything was fine - no error messages and I was able to create brochure pages without problems.

Comment

Working...
                X