Not happy with V14.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happy with V14.1

I've been using Actinic ever since 2002, when I started my on-line shop. I started with version V8 and then upgraded to V9 to get a MOTO facility

Feedback from my customers now is that many of them are using mobile devices to view my site so I really need a responsive design (so I'm told), so the website layout varies depending on the screen size, so I figure it's time for a software upgrade

Since I've been very happy with Actinic all these years, I went to the Actinic site, only to find it's now a cloud based solution

So I gave it a try and find that it's not really for me

I like to actually own my site and host it where I want

All my products are sold with multiple choices and each choice has a different price and the on-line version can do it but it's no way as easy to set up as my Actinic V9

So where's the Actinic for which I can choose the host ? Well, I discovered that's now called Seller Deck

So I downloaded the trial and the 2 User Manuals - that is the 'getting started guide' and 'the guide to Seller Deck Responsive Design'

And I have to say I'm not very impressed

'Out of the box' Sellerdeck has only 3 themes, they're all responsive - which is good but one is a wire frame, and I've no idea what to do with it

But anyway, let's carry on. I tried to change the colour scheme. There's a nice picture of the advance colour scheme dialog box on page 6 of the 'design guide'. Trouble is, what I see on screen doesn't look like that. The dialog box has basically 3 columns, the third column that has 'search highlight' as the first item has the dropdown button for each colour cut off, along with the 'ignore' tick boxes

When I spoke to Seller Deck, at first I was told it was the resolution of my screen, then having changed video cards and trying upteen different resolutions, all to no avail, I'm told 'Oh yes, that's a bug, we know about it'

I also tried V14 and V13, they all have the same bug - surely someone could have fixed it by now ?

However, as a previous user, I do know that I can paste in a hex code for any colour in the 3rd column

But then, I'm thinking, I'm not sure I like those buttons, so I go to 'advanced themes' settings and there's a whole multiplicity of buttons to choose from. I found a style I liked, apply it but the buttons don't change. I thought 'That's odd'. I look at the site1 directory on my machine, and there's all the buttons I wanted, so I contacted Seller Deck again and I'm told 'forget that, that button choice is for when someone imports a non-responsive site into V14. If you want to change the buttons you'll have to amend the CSS'

But now I've discovered on page 7 of the 'responsive guide, I can change the button images by going to 'settings, site options, links, navigation images' - so now I'm really confused

Problem is - that instruction's wrong too. It's not as described, it's 'site options, general, product, add to cart button layout' to change from the default to 'add to cart button image' and 'cart button image' has to change to whatever button that was created and placed in site1

I'm very disappointed with all this. if I were a new user, I'd be asked to part with £1,000+ for a piece of software that doesn't do what it says it will in the instruction book

As an existing user I'm told that I can buy cover and that will include a V14 licence, so I'm still very undecided as to whether to go with V14 or to look for another solution

Trouble is, every solution I've looked at so far relies on some sort of Cloud hosting and I really don't want to do that

I want to own the site and host it where I choose

Hello David,

I am sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with your SellerDeck 2014 trial.

Since reading your post, I have taken a look at the guide you have mentioned and am sorry to post that the 'Responsive Guide' you found is unfortunately incorrect. I have asked the Marketing department to take this down. I will aim to get a new one up shortly.
    Quote:
    But anyway, let's carry on. I tried to change the colour scheme. There's a nice picture of the advance colour scheme dialogue box on page 6 of the 'design guide'. Trouble is, what I see on screen doesn't look like that. The dialogue box has basically 3 columns, the third column that has 'search highlight' as the first item has the drop down button for each colour cut off, along with the 'ignore' tick boxes

When I spoke to Seller Deck, at first I was told it was the resolution of my screen, then having changed video cards and trying umpteen different resolutions, all to no avail, I'm told 'Oh yes, that's a bug, we know about it'

However, as a previous user, I do know that I can paste in a hex code for any colour in the 3rd column

Please may I ask what issue it is that your are incurring? The 3 main colours you will need to worry about when editing a theme, is palette colors 1, 2 and 3. you can still copy and paste hex codes into these boxes.

Did support give you a Bug number to reference for your issue?

I have passed on your message to the sales team. To save putting your contact details on forum, please can I ask you to email or call sales on 'sales@sellerdeck.co.uk' / '0845 189 1859' and they will be happy to contact you and discuss if there is anything we can do to help you.
    Jennifer Bray

Projects Co-Ordinator
    SellerDeck Ltd

Comment

Hi

I will write to you at length as soon as I can but attached is a pic showing the problem with the right hand edge cutting off of the theme colour box
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X