Responsive Theme Background Colour Not Showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Responsive Theme Background Colour Not Showing

In the Smart responsive theme, the default background colour is defined by Pallet Color 2 :0057a4 in the themes dialogue.

and this appears correctly as dark blue in the Sellerdeck Preview window.

However when you preview in a browser (I've tried Firefox/Chrome and IE) no background colour appears to the site.

See attached screenshot.

Any ideas?
    I havent changed the site design at all.
    Attached Files
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Originally posted by feemish View Post
    In the Smart responsive theme, the default background colour is defined by Pallet Color 2 :0057a4 in the themes dialogue.

and this appears correctly as dark blue in the Sellerdeck Preview window.

However when you preview in a browser (I've tried Firefox/Chrome and IE) no background colour appears to the site.

See attached screenshot.

Any ideas?
    I havent changed the site design at all.
    What you see in the Sellerdeck preview depends on the version of IE explorer on your machine, what you see in the browser is what the specific browser produces from the extensive code in the stylesheets and with modern browsers you do not see the background colour. I use IE9 on my machine and refuse to allow Microsoft to update it after all the problems that caused, so I see the same display that you do, but using a more modern browser I loose the background colour.

The Sellerdeck preview is becoming less and less useful, personally I would like the ability to choose the browser and its version from within Sellerdeck, I can do this in a number of other programs I use for coding packages.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have IE9 on my machine.

"and with modern browsers you do not see the background colour."

I dont quite understand this... you are correct though..

When I preview the page;

file:///C:/ProgramData/SellerDeck%202014/Site1/PreviewHTML_Administrator/P_Rings.html

in any new browser I do not see a nice gradient background colour like I do in preview..
      If I preview it in IE9 I have to 'allow running scripts or Activex controls' then I see the blue gradient background.

My question is then.. how do we get a background colour or background image in the new responsive themes?
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
        Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have IE9 on my machine.

"and with modern browsers you do not see the background colour."

I dont quite understand this... you are correct though..
        from the extensive code in the stylesheets
        The formatting of the pages in the new responsive themes depends on the stylesheets which contain code that switches the styling to suit the device being used. This styling does not include the background colour in the way you expect it, it is used in a number of areas as part of the colour shading that the styles use. There is even PHP code in there to change the depth of the colour used.

You will have to make edits to the stylesheets to get it working, but beware you need to test the pages in mobile phones,tablets and desktop PC's and in all the major browsers to be sure your changes work correctly.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

So the once simple choices for background colour etc in the Themes dialogue no longer really work? and a lot of the site options under the general tab dont seem to work now either (text size etc) Its all a bit confusing this smart responsive theme.

How do I get a nice background colour instead of white? and how about a small gif for a textured background?
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
          X