Checkout Pages Disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout Pages Disappearing

I need to have some added text on the Checkout pages, which I have done since 2004 in all versions of SD/Actinic up to now. However, in SD 2014, starting from scratch with responsive design, I find that adding any text to these pages causes a problem. In the Design tab, Design View, the page concerned, after adding some text, shows for about 5 seconds and then disappears, leaving a blank white checkout page.

Has anybody else come across this problem? Do you know the cause and how to prevent it? Will the page still be OK regardless of the Design View being blank?

I keep reverting to the previous snapshot and trying again to little avail. After a lot of repeated attempts, I have got the cart page to stay put, and Checkout Page 0 to stay put with only putting half the text on, adding the rest spoils it. It seems very unstable.

Sarah

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
    I need to have some added text on the Checkout pages, which I have done since 2004 in all versions of SD/Actinic up to now. However, in SD 2014, starting from scratch with responsive design, I find that adding any text to these pages causes a problem. In the Design tab, Design View, the page concerned, after adding some text, shows for about 5 seconds and then disappears, leaving a blank white checkout page.

Has anybody else come across this problem? Do you know the cause and how to prevent it? Will the page still be OK regardless of the Design View being blank?

I keep reverting to the previous snapshot and trying again to little avail. After a lot of repeated attempts, I have got the cart page to stay put, and Checkout Page 0 to stay put with only putting half the text on, adding the rest spoils it. It seems very unstable.

Sarah
    Have you tried scrolling down the page to the bottom in design view, I often find that parts of the page have shifted and what you are looking for is down the bottom of the page.

Personally I would ignore design view and instead take a look at your page using the Preview Page option under the Web option on the main menu, this gives a much more accurate view of the page.

The Page preview is linked ot the version of Internet Explorer that is installed on your PC, on mine it is IE9 and this does not play well with responsive designs.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

I cannot preview the page as the site is not live and comes up with a cgi error message.

Instead, I have uploaded a test site, and can see the Checkout pages this way. So each time I add some text, I snapshot first, do the text, upload and check it, etc. Bit of a pain but won't have to do it often. Once the site is live, it will not be so good - will have do changes in the middle of the night.

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
        I cannot preview the page as the site is not live and comes up with a cgi error message.

Instead, I have uploaded a test site, and can see the Checkout pages this way. So each time I add some text, I snapshot first, do the text, upload and check it, etc. Bit of a pain but won't have to do it often. Once the site is live, it will not be so good - will have do changes in the middle of the night.

Sarah
        That is strange as I can view a single page including checkout pages and others using the Web->Page Preview, you can only view one page this way but that should be enough to check the text you are adding.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
        X