Very odd text colour problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very odd text colour problem

I have some left side bar boxes in my left side bar, with headings at the top, and at the bottom of each page is a Deep Footer. In Page Preview and in Site Preview, everything is correct - the box headings are white on a dark background, and the headings in the deep footer are white on black (not touched by me). However, with site uploaded to a test site, this is the same on every page, except for the Home Page. For some reason the heading text changes from white on a dark background, to a purple shade, only slightly lighter than the dark background, and unreadable. Strange that it only the home page with the problem. I haven't changed any colours in the CSS. I have experimented with changing some shades in the Design: Themes but nothing appears to correct the problem. Any ideas?

Sarah

I can't offer much advice without seeing the page and taking a look.

The easiest way to see what's controlling it is to use Chrome, highlight the text and then Right Click > Inspect Element. This will show you what bit of CSS is controlling the styling.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I have sorted.

Thank you Mike. I managed to sort the problem without the style sheet. In the Design tab, Code View, I found in the left sidebar section <h2>Sections</h2> and changed to <h2><font color="ffffff"><font>Sections<font></font></h2> and likewise for <h2>Information</h2>. Strangely, this also sorted the text colour in the footer without my doing anything.

Sarah

Comment

<h2><font color="ffffff"><font>Sections<font></font></h2>
        This might just be a typo but the second of your <font> tags looks like it isn't closing properly which could explain why the styles are being affected lower down the page.

And of course the second <font> tag isn't needed anyway as it's not doing anything different to the first one.

Best to check as this could cause other unexpected problems.

Comment

Thanks for advice; I have removed the second <font>. All is still OK. Still, rather oddly, the text is the correct colour (white) in the Deep Footer, on all pages now, but I didn't change anything in the footer.

Sarah

Comment

Did you remove both the <font> tags?

<h2><font color="ffffff"><font>Sections<font></font></h2>
            the first one in red above doesn't do anything and the second one in red should have been a closing </font>. You should remove both the tags in red as neither is needed and if as shown they're likely to cause you problems.

Mike

Comment

Sorted correctly

Thanks Mike. I have removed both <font> tags, which changed the footer text to purple, so have put the correct font color tags in the same way in the footer and that is now white on black.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
              X