Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Picture Sizes in V14

Hi All

Does anybody know what the picture size requirements are for product images in V14.01 ? I've gone through the 'getting started' guide, the 'advanced user' guide and the now withdrawn 'responsive theme' guide and I can't find anything to help me

I made a call to Seller Deck Support, the guy on the 'phone didn't know the answer but the request was passed on on a ticket and the reply I got back was that the pictures should be 600 px wide

I'm using the 'out of the box responsive' theme and when I try the site in mobile test web pages, the 600 px picture's cut off on the right hand side or hang over the edge

I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of image information provided, and far from being easier, V14 is much more difficult to use than V8/9

In V8/9, I was able to have a list of products in a section and to the right of the picture of the product, a full description and options of length etc.

Doesn't seem to be possible in V14, I can only seem to be able to put a full description if I select the 'generate a page for the product' option. If that isn't selected, no full description is displayed

If I was trying to change the built-in theme, I'd appreciate that I'm on my own, but I'm not. The theme as provided with the software doesn't seem to work properly

And the Support that I've paid for isn't giving me the correct information

Can anyone help me and give me the correct picture sizing - please

Originally posted by David Laine View Post
    Hi All

Does anybody know what the picture size requirements are for product images in V14.01 ? I've gone through the 'getting started' guide, the 'advanced user' guide and the now withdrawn 'responsive theme' guide and I can't find anything to help me

I made a call to Seller Deck Support, the guy on the 'phone didn't know the answer but the request was passed on on a ticket and the reply I got back was that the pictures should be 600 px wide

I'm using the 'out of the box responsive' theme and when I try the site in mobile test web pages, the 600 px picture's cut off on the right hand side or hang over the edge

I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of image information provided, and far from being easier, V14 is much more difficult to use than V8/9

In V8/9, I was able to have a list of products in a section and to the right of the picture of the product, a full description and options of length etc.

Doesn't seem to be possible in V14, I can only seem to be able to put a full description if I select the 'generate a page for the product' option. If that isn't selected, no full description is displayed

If I was trying to change the built-in theme, I'd appreciate that I'm on my own, but I'm not. The theme as provided with the software doesn't seem to work properly

And the Support that I've paid for isn't giving me the correct information

Can anyone help me and give me the correct picture sizing - please
    In line with google suggestions the 2014 themes are designed with the single page per product in mind, the section list that just displays the picture and the title is generated using the layout 'Regular Product Summary', the key word here is 'summary'. This selection can be changed in the SiteOptions, Section Details or Product Details in the Layout Selection, look for 'Product Layout (Responsive)', options are
    Compact Product Layout
    Image on Left Text wrapped round
    Image on Right Text wrapped around
    Regular Product Summary
    If changes in Site Options it modifies the complete site, at Section Details it only modifies the contents of the selected section.

With regard to images thare are two image layouts, one resizes images to a width of 80 pixels, the other displays at normal size, looking at the supplied images they vary in size but those used in the demo sites are around 200px, the product width on the supplied themes is 500px so using an image greater than that would be a mistake, I would suggest around 400px as the maximum width. The larger the image the longer it takes to load especially on mobile devices.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Hi Malcolm

Many thanks for your clear, concise, easy to read reply. I cannot tell you just how grateful I am

So, I have to wonder, why Support told me to make my pictures in 600 px wide (I did think that was a bit big)

Something's not right here though. You've received no payment for your excellent answer, yet I've paid Seller Deck over £500 to give me wrong information

Maybe Seller Deck should employ you as part of their Tech Support team

Comment

Working...
      X