thinking of returning to sellerdeck version 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking of returning to sellerdeck version 2013

I had updated my website to 2014 but then I found out that all my extended pages won't work this is because they were designed specifically for 2013 . Question is it possible ot revert back to 2013. I haven't found many new features that make up for loss of the extended pages option. The social media links just haven't got me more visitors to the facebook page which is very poorly read.

In my opinion you need to upgrade to 2014 asap for the responsive aspect of the software.

On April 21 Google will be ranking your site based upon how responsive it is, and if you are not responsive you will lose traffic.

Although we will not be responsive on time, we are working hard on getting 2014 to work for us.

We have never really bothered too much with social media, but this year we are really pushing it across the different platforms so the introduction of social media to 2014 is welcome.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I would also change the acatalog in your file structure whilst upgrading and set 301 redirects.

Just as a matter of interest, what plugin are you using for 2 lots of rotating images at the bottom of the page?
      Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

And your Pinterest button has the wrong url.
        Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by susan View Post
          I had updated my website to 2014 but then I found out that all my extended pages won't work this is because they were designed specifically for 2013 . Question is it possible ot revert back to 2013. I haven't found many new features that make up for loss of the extended pages option. The social media links just haven't got me more visitors to the facebook page which is very poorly read.
          The answer to your question is Yes, you can install more than one version of Sellerdeck side by side on your PC, I have V8,9,10,11,2013 and 2014 all on the same machine. What you cannot do is load a snashot into an earlier version than the snapshot was mode under, so you will have to revert to the last 2013 snapshot you have.

Not that I am recomending you do this as outlined by previous posts.

I assume you mean that the extended pages are designed for a non responsive site so when loaded in 2014 they do not look right, if on the other hand you are talking about extended pages used as single product pages then there is a converter available from Sellerdeck specifically designed to convert them to the new version of single product pages.

However as those were available under 2013 maybe you mean something else.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
          X