Hiding content on mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding content on mobile

Just wondered if there is a quick and easy way to hide content on a mobile using the current css in Sellerdeck?

I have got this working but just wondered if there is an easier less messy way of doing it.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Which method are you using?. The standard method to target a mobile, if you mean a mobile smartphone sized screen, via a responsive design is to utilise CSS3 media queries as used by the SellerDeck 2014 responsive themes. If you find the code within the current CSS in SellerDeck for that screen size you can add your own CSS styles there to hide content. Bear in mind that hiding content merely instructs the browser to hide it, it may be loading the content and impact on users bandwidth. There can be other ways to serve content.
    Peblaco

Comment

Hi Louise,

I am using the responsive Smart theme.

I note on the top cart links section that you can hide the button text using <span> </span> in Smartphone view.

Just wondered if anything like this can be done om other parts of the page.

Kind regards

Jason
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

If you designate a class/id for a span/div container around some content, you can use CSS to hide and display this, depending on screen width.

The code looks like this in the Responsive stylesheets

@media screen and (min-width:801px) and (max-width:1061px) {

}

Inside here, you would just use display:none or display:block CSS for the div/span container for content you want to hide.

Comment

Working...
        X