Database Corruption Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database Corruption Problem

I was ready to upload my re-written site (responsive design) at 3.00 am this morning, everything carefully tested and working fine. The last job was snapshot then to import orders and customers from my current database, but on doing so got a host of error messages, everything in the new database appearing to have been corrupted, and SD closes. Every time I try to reload it comes up the with same extensive error messages and closes, so I can't bring in the snapshot.

Today Monday is a Bank Holiday. Any ideas as to how I can reinstate a snapshot, as not able to contact support.

Sarah

Sorted problem

Luckily my computer had done a scheduled nightly backup a few hours earlier, and I could re-instate the site's catalog database from that, and then bring in the latest snapshot.

However, I still have the problem which caused the problem; I cannot bring in the orders from the existing site into the new one without getting the corruption message. I can export and import customer accounts, fine, but there is no method that I can see to do the same for orders other than the Import Orders and Customers which is the route with the problem.

Does anyone know whether I can publish the new site, but do order shipped emails from the old site afterwards? If I can, it doesn't matter that we cannot transfer the orders. Both sites are in the same version of Sellerdeck, just one is responsive design and the other not.

Sarah

Comment

it's an odd problem.

The only thing I can think of is to do it the other way around. i.e. export a design snapshot of the new responsive design and import that into the site with current orders.

Alternatively, try compacting the database. Just in case it is actually a database error.

As always. Take plenty of snapshots first just in case something goes wrong.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

What I did in end

As I could not find any way of importing the orders (these were the orders that had been placed while I had been creating the new rd site, by creating a site with a snapshot of the old and importing the rd design), I had to start all over again - a pain. I had to make a new snapshot of the old site and stop downloading orders, and then bring in the design, and then do about 8 hours work again to get everything right. All sorted now, more or less. Thanks.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
        X