Simple Responsive design tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Responsive design tweaks

I want to make a few tweaks to one of the responsive templates in 2014 as quick as possible..just to individualise it slightly... and think about more of a redesign later (after mobilegeddon).

However, nothing seems to change as expected.

I cant seem to even change the background colour without it changing all sorts of other fields... and even when it does change in preview, the colour change is lost when its uploaded.

So how is the background colour changed in the responsive themes?
    Is it possible to have a background image?
    and is there a guide to making some minor tweaks like these to the responsive templates anywhere?

Cheers
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

I know what you mean

The built in theme does seem to be hard to alter

It does not help when the responsive theme pdf guide was took off the sellerdeck site I was told this was 'cos it had wrong info it it - nice

Maybe the idea is we all have to pay sellerdeck or someone else to create a theme that does work

makes sellerdeck a costly solution

Comment

there was a responsive theme pdf guide!

er yes that would be useful...
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

It was quite funny really if not so stupid

It told how to change the background colour, picture, buttons and more

When I found the info was wrong I told sellerdeck

the reply was those instructions do not apply to responsive sites but are for old sites running in V14

even though the instructions were in a responsive theme guide

I was also told that the manual was to be taken down and replaced some time in the future

If anybody wants to see it PM me you email address and I will send you a copy

I am still struggling to get the built in theme to work out of the box, support so far have told me nothing as to how to sort the problems

I do wonder what support staff do - all I am ever told is the problem is being sent to the site developers - I did get one answer back I asked what size for pics I was told 600px wide

Later here I was told 400 px

I also reported that some pics were cutting right side off in some mobiles - answer yes it is a bug we know about that - no fix date though

Try as I might I cannot see any mention of that bug on the sellerdeck page extoling the virtues of the all new fantastic mobile friendly V14 - no suprise really

If something does not get moving soon I will be looking at a refund as I was not told by support the theme had bugs in it nor that I would need to pay someone to sort it out

I was told if I could build a site from scratch in V9 then V14 would be no problem

Comment

Considering the number of people having problems with the v14 responsive themes.. A basic guide to basic customisation seems essential!
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Now that is a good idea

Comment

Be really nice to see a basic guide Sellerdeck people!

Just basic editing of the new responsive themes.. colours, backgrounds anything really.
              At the moment all responsive Sellerdeck sites are going to look exactly the same (unless we pay designers) The beauty of Actinic (Sellerdeck) was that even the layman could individualise their site quite easily.
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hi

A new SellerDeck 2014 Responsive Design Guide

is now on the sellerdeck site

http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/index.ph...ry/user-guides

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks David, I'll check that out.
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Colour Scheme
                    To be able to change your colour scheme of your site go to:
                    Design > Themes > Advanced Theme Configuration > Color Scheme
                    does anyone why some colour changes dont show up in the preview window?
                    For example changing the background colour has no effect in the preview window...
                    If I view in a browser the background changes show...
                    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I think the above issue is something to do with the fact that I have internest explorer 9 on my pc.
                      I believe Sellerdeck is using that to preview the pages.. I think sellerdeck recommends IE10.

Has anyone encountered any issues upgrading iexplorer? ( I always leave updates off as I've had so many problems in the past with microspft updates!)
                      Would I just install the lastest version of internet explorer and would Sellerdeck then pick it up?
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                      X