Attributes all over the place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attributes all over the place

I am really struggling to make this "out of the box" software work in just an acceptable way.

At the moment I have attributes that look like they have been put there in a game of Pin the tail on the donkey.

Am I missing something on how to just have a nice clean list of attributes. I note there is a setting in site options on how many columns for attributes, but this makes no difference at all.

I enclose a screen grab of Sellerdeck V2013 compared with Sellerdeck 2014.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Surely it shouldn't look like it was designed by the Sellerdeck tea lady!

Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Hi

I am getting the same sort of problems

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
      Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Surely it shouldn't look like it was designed by the Sellerdeck tea lady!

Any ideas?
      Hi

One of the problems with Sellerdeck 2014 is that the upgrader has problems with non standard selections for layouts, this shows up in all sorts of places especially with attributes and components. The upgrader can leave old layouts in place which are not responsive and also leaves a lot of settings that are not set to either the a standard layout or 'use parent' either pointing to old layouts or if the old layout has been removed then it will switch to a default setting.

I am working on a web site at the moment and I have to go through every component on every product, this site uses eight or more permutations for each product all of which have to be checked for every product. The problem is compounded by some layouts being set to parent, so top level changes flow through the system, and some being set locally at either section or product level.

You can get a site to look like the original in many cases but you need to go through all the settings and in some cases you may need to generate new layouts from the Sellerdeck 2014 layouts to get the right effect.

I check all layouts in the Design Library to see if they are part of the 2014, if not I update them so they use only responsive layouts.

For example if you want a 'Image only' layout you can take the 'Text on Right of image' layout, copy it, rename it to 'Image only' and then remove the Product Text from the new layout. That gives you a responsive layout for just the image.

As I have posted elsewhere, upgrading to a responsive layout from a non responsive one requires a lot more work than just upgrading from an earlier version to the latest version.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

Hi

Trouble is, I'm not up-grading. I started in V14 from scratch, just like I did in V9

When I put in the tick box for a gold upgrade for a product in V9, the tick box was immediately to the left of the text

Do the same thing in V14, and the tick box is on a line above the text, which looks most odd

V14 has a related products feature - I thought 'Great, I'll try and use that', set it up on a product - easy, does it look right ? - No

In Firefox 37 on the line above the related product name is a lonely 0 (zero). In IE 11 the zero turns into a 1, but still on a separate line

Look at it in Opera, then it looks as it should, a 1 followed by the product name

I should imagine it is hard to import a site in to V14 when it would appear that even from scratch, V14 doesn't work properly

And Yes, I have told Sellerdeck Support about this and many other problems I've encountered

All I'm ever told is 'we've passed it on to our developers'

I've had more help on this forum and from talking to a developer, neither of which cost me the £500+ it cost me for Sellerdeck support

P'raps I'm old fashioned but I reasonably expect a product to work reasonably well out of the box

This V14 is a nightmare

Comment

Sorry you have had this problem. This is a known bug, ref SD-4498. We are investigating a fix and I will post here when I have more information.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
            Sorry you have had this problem. This is a known bug, ref SD-4498. We are investigating a fix and I will post here when I have more information.
            Thanks Bruce, Jenny mentioned this to me earlier today

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
            SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
            Custom Packages

Comment

Mine isn't an upgrade it is a fresh 2014 install.

I am get a complete mis-mash of a design, items randomly disapearing.

As a user since V6 this is the first time I have found the software to be in all honesty, useless as an out of the box solution.

I would be interested to see any magazine reviews of the software.
              Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
              Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Hi

Yes, it does seem useless in it's out of the box form

I've got a horrible feeling the only way to get it to work correctly is to pay someone, probably more than the software cost, to produce a working theme

I too would like to see some magazine reviews, although I know companies which advertise in such magazines usually get glowing reviews

I do like to be fair though, one of my problems was reported to Sellerdeck this morning and was picked up by one of their support team who I remember working there back in my V9 build days

It wasn't escalated to the developers, I got an answer back within the hour. One small change to a css sheet and the problem was resolved

Comment

All solved by Gary from support with a little bit of css.

Solution here, for me in the future when it happens again

If this is what you require them please go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and scroll down to 'Theme Stylesheets' and open the layout 'Responsive CSS'.

Scroll down to approximately line: 611 where you should see: -

}

Make a new line below this and add the code: -

div[id^="idVars"] {
                  float: left;
                  clear: left;
                  }

then scroll down to approximately line: 689 where you should see: -

.selectOptions {float:left;}

replace this with: -

.selectOptions {float:left; clear:both;}

and click 'OK'.

Once you have uploaded the site, the attributes will move to the left, and up beneath the cart button.
                  Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

more good support from Gary

that was like support was back in the V9 days

if only all the support was as helpful

Comment

I wonder if this would help the "Shipping Options as Radio Buttons" issue which also produces garbage in v14. Currently using a drop down box which I hate because the radio buttons are all over the place.
                      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
                      X