Missing Add to Cart on some devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Add to Cart on some devices

I uploaded our new responsive design website 2 days ago. We had tested and continue to check it on a variety of devices and web browsers to ensure all is fine. We are receiving orders with no problem, from new and old customers. However, we have a few regular customers who are not getting the Add to Cart buttons. I have instructed them on refreshing or reloading the page to no avail. One customer, who has been ordering once a week for 12 years from us, is using an iPad, got the Add to Cart on one product and added it to cart, but not on the next product, She touched the refresh symbol and the page refreshed, but still no Add to Cart. Totally puzzled. Any ideas?

Sarah

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
    I uploaded our new responsive design website 2 days ago. We had tested and continue to check it on a variety of devices and web browsers to ensure all is fine. We are receiving orders with no problem, from new and old customers. However, we have a few regular customers who are not getting the Add to Cart buttons. I have instructed them on refreshing or reloading the page to no avail. One customer, who has been ordering once a week for 12 years from us, is using an iPad, got the Add to Cart on one product and added it to cart, but not on the next product, She touched the refresh symbol and the page refreshed, but still no Add to Cart. Totally puzzled. Any ideas?

Sarah
    Hi

A url would help

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Sorry. http://www.avidlite.co.uk

Sarah

Comment

Sarah,

I can also see the Add To Cart button on some product pages and not others: I'm using Firefox and Windows 7. An example is product ALK031Y.

It looks as though the site is hiding the button because it thinks the item is out of stock - could it be connected with the stock levels of attributes (flavours) I wonder?

John
        John Ennals
        www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

I have firefox 37.0.1 and windows 7 and that product DOES have an add to cart button for me!

ALK031Y

http://www.avidlite.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=alk031y&PN=Atkins-Advantage-Bars--60g-ALK031Y.html#SID=21

and does go into the cart.
          So this is most odd.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

The Add to cart button disappears if I shrink my screen size!!
            I can only see it on full screen.
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
              I am viewing your site in Firefox and found a problem product on my second attempt http://www.avidlite.co.uk/acatalog/A...g-ALK031Y.html so this is not an iPad/iPhone problem.

This problem occurs when the viewing window of the browser is reduced and is a css problem
              Code:
              form.imageOnLeftTextWrappedAround p.cart-button-placement, form.imageOnRightTextWrappedAround p.cart-button-placement {
                  display: block;
                  overflow: hidden;
              }
              the 'overflow: hidden;' is hiding the button when the screen width is reduced

see images
              Attached Files

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

This just gets more an more weird!

So why would it disappear when the page shrinks? Can it be something to do with the cart button not being responsive, though it is a responsive design layout. But then that can't be it, because the cart button shows on all devices that we have tried, including various mobile phones and doesn't disappear for us when the page is shrunk.

Most of our customers, and all new customers, are seeing the cart buttons. The few who are not are regular recent customers, but they say that refresh does not change it, and they can see the cart button on some products and not others.

I shall look into whether it could have anything to do with stock, though we have thousands of ALK031Y in stock, and in stock in all flavours, so would not appear to be that.

Sarah

Comment

Thanks Malcolm. I haven't changed any of that CSS - it is out of box. Do I need to remove the line overflow: hidden; or do I need to replace it with something else?

Sarah

Comment

We have been able to produce the error in IE 11. Add to Cart OK full screen, OK when shrunk to mobile phone sized portrait, but disappears when stretch a bit sideways, but only happens with products with flavours (components, attributes and choices of hidden products). Single stand alone products are OK whether shrunk or not.

The layout settings for the components are Responsive Component List.

Any suggestions as to why a problem with choices and not single products? Settings are the same for all.

Sarah

Comment

Is this an out of the box, non edited, responsive design... started from scratch.. or upgraded to responsive?
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I created a new site, worked on design, exported design.

I created another new site, imported snapshot of old site (same version of SD).

Imported design, replacing old.

Worked on, mainly to re-select filter Properties in products, but a number of problems needed correctly. Very little if any change to CSS.

Sarah

Comment

What have support said?
                          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Your statcounter is not working on the home page, it is in the code as: acatalog/statcounter.com/counter/counter.js This is a known problem, you need to change .js to %2Ejs this fix is thanks to Norman, see here: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=47718. Also there was a security warning popped up when viewing on a smart phone so that's another issue you may want to look into.
                            Peblaco

Comment

I rang support and they are getting a developer to look into it and will get back to me. They don't want me to change the CSS to make the button visible without checking whether this effects anything else.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                              X