Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moving popular products to the top of the home page ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving popular products to the top of the home page ?

I have a few fragments which introduce a few things to the home page, with the popular product below them. Is it possible to move the popular products up, so they appear above the fragments?

What I have done is have a Best Sellers on the homepage top, with the words Best Sellers changed to Featured Products - I would rather prospective competitors did not know what were our best sellers. I then enter on the marketing tab best sellers what I want to show there. You could let it fill itself with your best sellers, but I prefer to select them and click Lock. I also have these same Featured Products in my menus, so that people can refer to them when not on the homepage.

Sarah

Comment

This is easy enough to do if you're comfortable editing layouts.

If you are using one of the v14 responsive themes:
      - Select 'Library from the 'Design' menu
      - Click the 'Layouts' tab, scroll down to the group 'Web Page Inner Layouts' and expand it
      - Double-click on the 'Brochure Page Body RWD' layout
      - In this layout, click BrochureFragmentList and cut it
      - Move the cursor and place it in the blank line which is after the Block containing HomePageBestSellersList and HomePageNewProductsList, and before the SECOND block that contains SocialMediaShareButtons
      - Paste, click OK and preview the home page

This will place both the Best Sellers and the New Products lists above the Fragments.

If you want to split the lists and have one above and one below the Fragments, you would need to take a second copy of the whole block containing both lists, and position one copy above and one below BrochureFragmentList. Then delete HomePageBestSellersList (and its surrounding 'block if' and '/block' tags) from one, and do the same for HomePageNewProductsList in the other.

I hope this helps
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
      X