Any one upgraded from V10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one upgraded from V10?

Any one upgraded from V10? Are you pleased with 2014?, is it more difficult to use than v10?

Thanks in advance

D

Hi

I had a V9 Business site and wanted to move to V14 for the mobile display feature

I re built my site from scratch

I have found a number of errors with V14 and the themes are limited choice (2)

A few folk here say the built in themes are not really finished - not good for out of the box

Now my site is built and live it does work and google tells me it is mobile friendly and that it loads fast

All in all I found it a lot harder to build than my V9 site

Hope this helps

Comment

I upgraded from v8 in December to 2014. I transferred my snap shot over and I didn't have to do too much to get it looking right.

Just building a website without styling it is no different but if you wan to make it look right the you will need to change some of the CSS. I had no experience with this and have managed to do most things I want.

The only serious issue I have had was when I first uploaded the site, when you click to go to the PSP page it wouldn't go but support gave me from what I seem to remember new pearl script files.

Comment

We are currently bringing a V10 site up to date but are doing it as a new redesign.

It is the most difficult version of the software that I have used, due to the responsive designs. But I seem to winning at the moment.

I have 3 x 2013 sites that I will upgrade soon after, but will use the same template with just a few design and colour changes to each so the next upgrades should be quicker.

I would advise just playing about with 2014 for a while to find out how things work.
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and sorry. I have taken so long to check back.

Only 2 templates! Seems a bit limited compared to previous versions. People are telling me to get something new, that what I have is built on old technology. I need to do something because orders on our site have dried up. But it is hard to find a company that offers the web software, hosting and payments all in one place.

I have to be able to do myself as I don't have the budget to both buy a new package and then pay someone to make it look modern. If it is new it should look modern out of the box.

Thanks again everyone for the replies above

D

Comment

Working...
          X