Disappearing top bar view cart checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing top bar view cart checkout

I thought I had checked everything carefully first, but just gone live with new responsive design site, but find major problem. When I add a product to cart, shows cart briefly and then returns to page as intended, but then the top bar disappears - the bar that includes Home, Login, Recent Orders, View Cart and Checkout. Clicking Home or another page brings it back. Not good.

I am using Smart Responsive Theme. Website is www.avidknit.co.uk.

Any ideas how to make to stay put?

Sarah

I can't replicate it, what device and browser are you using?.

As an aside, you may want to fix the statcounter code on your home page as it's putting in the store folder, a long term problem, the fix is to change the stat code .js to %2Ejs as Norman mentions here.
    Peblaco

Comment

I have sorted the missing full subheader problem, by clicking on a product page, going to Design, and adding the layout for Full Subheader below Subheader and deleting Subheader. Very odd, but it appears to have fixed it.

I tried Norman's fix for the statcounter code previously, but it brought up a red error message on the page in SD, but I shall try again. Thanks.

Sarah

Comment

This time the code change worked without error using Norman's fix. I should have posted that immediately. I have applied the fix now on all 5 of my websites. Thanks Louise. It also seems to have strangely fixed some other problems on my main site. Each time I publish the website (many times a day) I have had to check the filter sections are correct and re-load if not. I had to click Refresh each time, wait a few seconds for it to refresh, then select a filter section, wait for it to load. But now, after the statcounter fix, the home page refreshes instantly and the filter pages load instantly. I haven't yet had a filter section error (with this error the two filter-only sections are confused with each other), but it is too soon to know, as the error is very random.

Sarah

Comment

Just tested your site and the bounce when you add to cart is still very brief! You can change this time by going to Design - Design Options and at the top you will see Bounce Page Delay. I think the default is 5 seconds but I changed mine to 0 so that the shopper now has to click Continue Shopping

Comment

Ideally I would not like a bounce at all. Some customers get confused by it. On our main website, which is food, I have it set as short as possible, 1, intentionally so that the customer is back on the product page and can add another flavour or whatever. Clicking Continue Shopping would be annoying for most of our customers, as most order many different products, often a number of flavours of the same product. Very few order just one product. If it were a clothing website, for example, Continue Shopping may be a good option, but for ordering food not so good. Can you imagine it on the Tesco site!

It is a shame that SD does not appear to have the option of not showing the cart at all. Customers can see that they have added something from the number next to the cart icon.

Sarah

Comment

An alternative is to look at TodDesigns Ajax add to cart plugin, it adds to cart without leaving the page using a popup and does not bounce to the cart page.
              Peblaco

Comment

I see what you mean. Most of my customers only order 1 item.

Comment

Thanks Louise. I have purchased plug in.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                  X