Adding RRP & % saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding RRP & % saving

I have searched this forum and found the below code to add rrp and the % saving.

1) The problem I am getting an error message

A PHP error has been found on the page ('Parse error: parse error in main on line 3') The error is coming from the 'Product Price Including Tax' layout. Click here to go to the code (2 places)

When I click here it just highlights to block.

What do I do to correct this error?

2) I want to change the colour and size of the rrp (price) and Save xx% How do I do that? i figured that this would need to be changed in the CSS but I wouldn't know where.

<actinic:block php="true">

$rrp = <actinic:variable name="RRP" selectable="false" />;

$rawprice = <actinic:variable name="ProductPriceRaw" selectable="false" />;

$rawprice = $rawprice * 1.0; // add in vat if showing VAT inc prices

// only display is we have an RRP and there's a saving to show if ( ($rrp != 0) && ($rrp > $rawprice) )
    {

$savepercent = round((($rrp - $rawprice) / $rrp) * 100);

echo "<strike>RRP: £$rrp</strike> | Save $savepercent%!";

}

</actinic:block>

Originally posted by tristam View Post

Code:
    <actinic:block php="true">

$rrp = <actinic:variable name="RRP" selectable="false" />;

$rawprice = <actinic:variable name="ProductPriceRaw" selectable="false" />;

$rawprice = $rawprice * 1.0; // add in vat if showing VAT inc prices

// only display is we have an RRP and there's a saving to show if ( ($rrp != 0) && ($rrp > $rawprice) )
    {

$savepercent = round((($rrp - $rawprice) / $rrp) * 100);

echo "<strike>RRP: £$rrp</strike> | Save $savepercent%!";

}

</actinic:block>
    If you are displaying the code correctly then the error is in the line
    Code:
    This needs to be split into two lines as currently the code that is required is commented out

Code:
    // only display is we have an RRP and there's a saving to show 

if ( ($rrp != 0) && ($rrp > $rawprice) )
    Split the line into two as shown.

As for the css you need to look for the <div> enclosing this code and find out if it has a class then use the css for that class

Alternatively you could put a span around the output from the PHP and add a style to the <span>

Code:
    echo "<span style=\"color: red;\"><strike>RRP: £$rrp</strike> | Save $savepercent%!</span>";
    Note the escape characters inside the echo statement to prevent quotation marks of the style upsetting the PHP code.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks Malcolm

Just sussed the error. In the instructions I had followed it said set the variable to text type and it should have been number and this now works.

Thanks for the help with the CSS

Comment

Just one more thing now that this is working.

I would also like to put the rrp and save xx% on the product filter pages. I have added this code but it just tells me

ProductPriceRaw won't work on Standard Search Results layout.

Also a Parse error on line 5 which is </p>

Comment

Search Results are generated from a template layout and a set of JavaScript data. This data only contains a subset of all the product fields and ProductPriceRaw isn't one of them.

While it is possible to display user vars - check Upload in their definition and use e.g:
          Code:
          <actinic:variable searchresultvariable="true" name="RRP" />
          To get at the price, you could use JavaScript / jQuery to scan each search result DIV and extract the displayed price (put a span with a class-name around the price). You could use a similar span around the RRP and a dummy place-holder span to hold the computed result. Run the jQuery on document ready as these results are loaded dynamically and inline JavaScript may not work.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X