Missing Terms & Conditions confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Terms & Conditions confirmation

Has anyone noticed their Terms & Conditions confirmation on Checkout page 1 go missing when in Live view?

It's not deleted or de-activated, it's simply not displaying, I've checked it via IE, Firefox, Chrome, Mobile and nothing there

This has been flagged up as an issue but I just wondered if anyone ever had this before

Thanks

Hi Kev,

Did you get a response or solution for this problem? Something similar was happening to my site with the Checkout Page 1 missing (thereby removing the Terms & Conditions prompt). I found adding the "Delivery Address Prompt" as detailed in this thread fixed my problem: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=53427
    BR - John

Comment

In versions before 2014 the second checkout page with shipping / tax / general info question / terms check box would be missing if there were no selectable shipping options. An alternative fix was to copy a section of required code such as the terms check box and move it onto the layout for the first page with the invoice address which would still work.
      Peblaco

Comment

Hello John

This was the work around I had sent to me as it is a genuine 'BUG' and doesn't work, or certainly not for me in SD 14.1

The below code will reinstate the 'Agree T&C's' for a customer placing an order and it works fine, however, it doesn't provide the annoying NON basic delivery charge, so Mr Customer must define their delivery location before it will display the final delivery charge

I had no trouble with SD13, anyway, I hope the below might be of help

Please find below the instructions on what you will need to do:
        edit OrderScript.pl
        find the line
        if ($nPageNumber != 2)

you will see
        if ($nPageNumber != 2) { $nKeyCount = (keys %$pVarTable) + (keys %$pSelectTable); }

replace this block of code with
        if ($nPageNumber != 2) { $nKeyCount = (keys %$pVarTable) + (keys %$pSelectTable); if (($nKeyCount < 1) && ($nPageNumber == 1) && (defined $$::g_pSetupBlob{'CHECKOUT_NEEDS_TERMS_AGREED'})) { $nKeyCount = 1; $pVarTable = {}; } }

Comment

Hi Kev,

I've replaced the code as you suggested and this appears to work fine. I had previously relocated the block of code relating to Terms & Conditions Confirmation (as detailed by Louise above) but if I remember correctly, I placed it on Checkout Page 2 (not Checkout Page 0) and this caused me other problems! I'm now able to successfully display the Checkout Progress Indicator too as Checkout Page 1 is no longer being skipped. Many thanks.

Comment

No problem, SD can be a nightmare and there are millions of things I don't understand about it but I'm glad you sorted out your issue

Comment

Working...
            X