Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editing structure of Mega Menu Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing structure of Mega Menu Possible?

I am wondering if it is possible to edit the structure of the Mega Menu so it is different from the actual store section layout.
    Does it always have to match the section set up?

I have many sections as top level sections and I'd like to keep them that way on the home pape.. However I'd like the Mega Menu to be 'nested' differently... So that I could arrange them withing sections''' just on the Mega Menu if you see what I mean..

Any ideas?
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

It depends on your exact requirements. The mega menu matches the Content Tree section set up by default. There isn't much flexibility within the settings. To nest them differently would require some custom code that may not be quick to do. Alternatively if you have sections showing on the home page you could structure the content tree as required but change the layout on the home page.
    Peblaco

Comment

Hi Louise,

>>Alternatively if you have sections showing on the home page you could structure the content tree as required but change the layout on the home page.<<<

This sounds like the most feasible solution.

When you say 'home page' do you mean the brochure homepage? How is that done?

I actually use the /acatalog/index.html as my homepage.. (with a redirect using htaccess.)
      Is it possible to edit the sections that appear on that page? Ie have sections that are nested be shown on the top level?
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I assumed you had a brochure home page and may be linking to specific sections. If you are redirecting to the store folder index instead it is still possible to change what appears on that page, but it would require custom changes. Or you could add a blockif around the section list to stop it showing at top level.
        Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will have a think about the best option for me.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

>>>you could add a blockif around the section list to stop it showing at top level.<<<

I wonder if you could give me a hint on how to do this?
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

In Design Library then Web Page Inner Layout the Section Page Body, the two codes for SubSectionListTop and SubSectionListBottom you can add the code: <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%270%27" > CODE </actinic:block> to hide section list at top level.
              Peblaco

Comment

thanks Louise, there were two instances of each. :-)
                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                X