Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

path to perl rejected

Hi All,

Im trying to upload from sd 14 demo to a hosting company overseas that ive used before. I had some trouble with the cgi bin and they had to reset permissions but now sd 14 will not accept the path to perl of /usr/bin/perl and the script extension is set to .pl

Hosting company say this should work fine and they are a bit confused that its not working.

Can anyone help ? They have said they are willing to make changes to make it work. They are very friendly and all add ons and scripts are free.

Perl version is 5.10.1

I have acces to my servers cpanel and it clearly states - path to perl = /usr/bin/perl

Ive spent 6 hours on this and have to stop trying before my head implodes

Edit: just tested with sd13 and same thing happens, it tries guessing perl then defaults to usr/bin/perl but no luck.

Edit 2: just tried with actinic version 5, yes I still have the disk, same problem.

I clearly need to instruct them to change something, just don't know what it is. If I have to cancel and ask them for a refund can anyone suggest a really cheap hosting package that definitely works with sd 14 ? Preferably one that can be cancelled / refunded / part refunded ?
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Just cancelled and got full refund.
    Might try 'host-it' with their cheap sd branded plan.

hey ho, why is sd software so fussy about servers

All I want to do is test 14 for 3 weeks on a separate server and im buying a 2nd laptop next week, as I need one as this core i5 laptop cannot handle the multi tasking that I throw at it everyday - so will have 14 demo completely and utterly separate away from my 13 site and server.

I spent almost 9 hours on this and now its time for a glass of Rioja !
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Phew, up and running at last.
      So glad I keep my dns separate from hosting on all my domains.

The moral of this story, some hosts are just incompatible with sellerdeck and that's that.
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X