Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slideshow Carousel Problem - What Am I Not Doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow Carousel Problem - What Am I Not Doing?

I'm having trouble implementing a slideshow any where on my site. I follow the seemingly very simple instructions from Sellerdeck (http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=55636), but then instead of a slideshow the images all appear as at once as static with no scrolling animation.

Is there something I'm not doing? Hopefully a nice easy fix!

Cheers

Originally posted by trickywiki View Post
    I'm having trouble implementing a slideshow any where on my site. I follow the seemingly very simple instructions from Sellerdeck (http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=55636), but then instead of a slideshow the images all appear as at once as static with no scrolling animation.

Is there something I'm not doing? Hopefully a nice easy fix!

Cheers
    Generally that is caused by missing or disabled javascript, you need the javascript running to run the slideshow otherwise you get a set of individual slides.

publish a url to the page and we can check it for you.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

I've put up a slideshow of three leafy photos at the bottom of this page:

http://www.kingsbarntrees.co.uk/acatalog/About-Us.html

I suspect it is a missing Javascript or some such as you can see the static images.

Cheers.

Comment

Firebug browse add-on console reports the error "bxSlider is not a function", your site is missing the bxslider script and CSS from the header code so it looks like the Javascript layout is not correctly upgraded. Before making changes make a backup snapshot at File menu > Snapshot > Export. Then go to the Design menu > Library > Layouts tab > Javascript Header Functions > double click "Standard Javascript Header Functions" > first make a copy of the code and save it because it looks like you have some custom Javascript for Drillpine plugins which cannot be sure if it is in that layout or your outer layout. Then go back to the Design Library right click the layout and "Revert to Factory Settings" make sure you use the first revert option not revert all, then re-add your customised code for plugins if they were at the bottom of the layout as was in the copy you saved or as per the original plugins instructions then Apply and preview.
        Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by trickywiki View Post
          I've put up a slideshow of three leafy photos at the bottom of this page:

http://www.kingsbarntrees.co.uk/acatalog/About-Us.html

I suspect it is a missing Javascript or some such as you can see the static images.

Cheers.
          It appears that a whole chunk of code from the Standard Javascript Header Functions is missing from your page, if this is an upgraded site then it has been upgraded incorrectly.

The first three lines in Standard Javascript Header Functions layout should be
          Code:
          	<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.11.1<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCompressionEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">.min</actinic:block>.js<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ECDayno%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" >?DAYNO=<actinic:variable name="ECDayno" selectable="false" /></actinic:block>"></script>
          	<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.bxslider<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCompressionEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">.min</actinic:block>.js<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ECDayno%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" >?DAYNO=<actinic:variable name="ECDayno" selectable="false" /></actinic:block>"></script>
          	<link href="jquery.bxslider.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
          This includes the bxslider javascript file, the correct version of jquery, you are using 1.8, Sellerdeck 2014 uses 1.11.1 and the bxslider css file

EDIT

Looks like you beat me to it Louise

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
            Firebug browse add-on console reports the error "bxSlider is not a function", your site is missing the bxslider script and CSS from the header code so it looks like the Javascript layout is not correctly upgraded. Before making changes make a backup snapshot at File menu > Snapshot > Export. Then go to the Design menu > Library > Layouts tab > Javascript Header Functions > double click "Standard Javascript Header Functions" > first make a copy of the code and save it because it looks like you have some custom Javascript for Drillpine plugins which cannot be sure if it is in that layout or your outer layout. Then go back to the Design Library right click the layout and "Revert to Factory Settings" make sure you use the first revert option not revert all, then re-add your customised code for plugins if they were at the bottom of the layout as was in the copy you saved or as per the original plugins instructions then Apply and preview.
            This worked a treat! Thanks all, really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X