Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you point multiple Carousel Images to the same section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you point multiple Carousel Images to the same section?

I'm trying to point multiple Carousel images to the same section in a Website but you get the error:-

"The Fragment Promo List contains the following Items more than once (Section Name)"

when you apply the Promo List update. Is there a workaround for this?

That issue has been around a long time it also occurs with the marketing lists such as Best Sellers. You could contact SellerDeck and put in a wish list request. You could add your own custom carousel which is extra work.
    Peblaco

Comment

Hi Louise,
      Thank you for your reply, the carousel feature could do with a bit more flexibility so that you can describe a process in pictures than link to the words. I'm attending the Partner Conference next Thursday so I could raise it there.

Regards

Phil

Comment

I've just come across this same problem whilst creating a new carousel.
        I'd be grateful if anyone can provide a way around this.
        Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

Originally posted by stuartjrobinson View Post
          I've just come across this same problem whilst creating a new carousel.
          I'd be grateful if anyone can provide a way around this.
          You could create anchors on the page and then use a different anchor point in each url thus making them unique.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

It's also possible to save time and skip the on-page anchor tag and simply put random or sequential anchors on the links, i.e; #1, #2, etc or #., #.., etc without bothering with the anchor tag on the page (this is what we do). Not good practice I know but it saves effort and complexity on sites with many carousels and I havn't seen any downsides. All modern browsers will ignore missing on-page anchor errors and servers completely ignore the anchor in the url. I've never seen a search engine bothered by it either. A nice thing about using different anchors per picture is that your weblogs will show you where the clicks are coming from. Even if you could get all the images in a carousel or marketing list identical it would still be useful to make each one different so you can see which images etc. are driving the traffic.

Comment

Working...
            X