Order Received email - Order Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Received email - Order Lines

How do I get to the code that actually formats the order lines within the standard Order Received email? In most displays this is running across two lines unnecessarily making it unfriendly for the customer.

All I want to do is move the Product Description closer to the Product Reference field.
    http://www.threadsandpatches.co.uk

I'd like to know this as well because my order received email, administrator email etc looks an utter mess as per attached image

The Description goes to two lines for longer descriptions - Why can it not span across an A4 page a bit more?

The Quantity, Price and Cost are all out of line

The Sub total beneath that is not all that presentable and them awful double lines as well

Going in to Design doesn't really help with making such emails a bit more professional looking, so any guidance would be nice
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Confused Sally View Post
      How do I get to the code that actually formats the order lines within the standard Order Received email? In most displays this is running across two lines unnecessarily making it unfriendly for the customer.

All I want to do is move the Product Description closer to the Product Reference field.
      In design mode click on the 'Select Page Type' drop down and scroll down to 'order received email', you can then examine and modify the code

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by kev67 View Post
        Going in to Design doesn't really help with making such emails a bit more professional looking, so any guidance would be nice
        Hi see previous post on where to find the emails sent by the site, the emails sent from the desktop are in the design folder.

You could improve the emails by switching them to the HTML versions, you are currently using the text versions.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Hello Malcolm

Yeah, I know that, but I think what we both might be getting at is editing the CartOnlineXML layout, the way the 'Shopping Cart' bit is displayed, for me at least is pretty awful

I'd prefer to keep the emails sent as .txt as I can edit the text of 'Dear customer, your order......'

Just the shopping cart bit is not good. All I can find is [Cart Info] or CartOnlineXML, but I can't find a way to actually see this for me to edit it and space it out and make it look a bit better

Hope that makes sense as my head is soon going to go bang I think for this

Comment

HTML emails

My problem actually relates to HTML emails - we are hoping to upgrade from text to HTML as part of the upgrade from v11 to 2014 and have been using them in Test Mode. I now understand from Support that the HTML order lines (which is what I need to change) are actually formatted within a Pearl script, which is not easily modified.

I have seen the HTML emails generated by another Sellerdeck user and they have clearly been customised - so if the information above is correct, I would be really interested to know what approach Sellerdeck would suggest for doing this - e,g do customers do their own customisation in this area, and if so how?
            http://www.threadsandpatches.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Confused Sally View Post
              . I now understand from Support that the HTML order lines (which is what I need to change) are actually formatted within a Pearl script, which is not easily modified.?
              I believe this applies to the automatic email SD sends to the customer when an order is placed, but not to 'manual' emails sent from the desktop application. The order lines in desktop emails need to be in a monospaced font e.g. Courier to make the columns align. I found that the order lines were still too long for comfort so I reduced the font size as per the attached screenshot.

John
              Attached Files
              John Ennals
              www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by kev67 View Post
                Hello Malcolm

Yeah, I know that, but I think what we both might be getting at is editing the CartOnlineXML layout, the way the 'Shopping Cart' bit is displayed, for me at least is pretty awful

I'd prefer to keep the emails sent as .txt as I can edit the text of 'Dear customer, your order......'

Just the shopping cart bit is not good. All I can find is [Cart Info] or CartOnlineXML, but I can't find a way to actually see this for me to edit it and space it out and make it look a bit better

Hope that makes sense as my head is soon going to go bang I think for this
                The cart layout is in the same design mode dropdown as the email layouts, that gives access to the complete cart template however the main content of the cart is added by the perl scripts so you may not be able to change what you want.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                X