Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading to 14 without changing anything ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to 14 without changing anything ?

Hi all,

I originally tested my 13 site with the 14 demo and selected "upgrade layout" and obviously it was not great.

I have since not had the time to look again.

I have just tested my 13 site on a 6" tablet and its actually not that bad, yes im behind the times and ive only just got myself a tablet

So ive just imported my 13 site into 14 demo and selected "do not upgrade layout" and all is well without any design abnormalities, errors, stuff moving off the page etc.

So my question is, if im not too bothered at the moment about my site viewing beautifully on a small mobile phone screen (and im really not bothered tbh), but happy with how it is on a tablet, without design / layout changes can I upgrade to 14 and carry on with my existing design / layout, not worry about mobile phones, but happy with how it is on a tablet, but still get the full benefit of 14 telling google im responsive ready ?

Or is that just not going to happen at all and I would have to redesign to the responsive smart theme whether I like it or not ?

Is there a way of 'cheating' google and telling it my sites responsive, just by using sd 14 in the first place ?
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

No you can't tell Google your website is responsive / mobile friendly if it's not. Google will check the code tags and see if it will fit on mobile devices. You can put your website URL into the Google mobile friendly test . The SellerDeck 2014 themes are responsive by default.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for confirming that for me.

I have now re-installed 14 demo and will stick to the smart theme, if I find some spare evenings (unlikely at present) I can probably re-size images, and do a half decent job of converting my current site.

Thanks for the google mobile test link, very handy tool that.

Im still adding to my 13 site in non responsive design but that will have to do for now. Got a magazine advert out this weekend so have to tidy up and remove sections that say "please call for details" because that does not gain customer confidence.
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X