SPP and Subsection question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPP and Subsection question

EDIT: Sorry guys I think I have found the answer in the product settings, will leave this in case it helps someone else.

In V10 I created subsections for every product and placed a single product in each. Rightly or wrong I thought that gave me SPP.

I am now working with SellerDeck 2014 and can select SSP, so can I just keep adding similar products under a single subsection? will they be SSP?

By not having a subsection for each product do I lose the SEO of the meta description and meta keywords, or do I add all that data for every product below to the single subsection details box?

TIA

D

A sub section for each product was the old method, it allows extra products or fragments, but social media sharing would use section details not product. If switching to newer product pages you should keep the same file name and meta data, you can automate the process by using a plugin by Codepath: Product Page Converter.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks peblaco.

I am starting fresh as I have lost faith in the old site and also dropping the acatalog name. So I have begun to use the new SPP. It will probably take a while to build up a ranking with Google, but hopefully worth it to start from a clean sheet and lose any anomalies Google didn't like about my old site.

Thanks again

D.

Comment

If you are changing URLs such as renaming the acatalog folder or changing file names it is advised to use 301 redirects to avoid losing ranking.
        Peblaco

Comment

Working...
        X